Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I own a early 99 7.3 and have been having some engine trouble... last week the truck started chugging like it was running out of fuel slower and slower and finally shut off. I couldent get it to restart.. I was at 1/4 of a tank when it happened. well I changed the fuel pump, cleaned the fuel tank and lines, replaced the fuel filter, and cleaned the two screens inside the tank, and replaced the cps.. the truck now starts and runs but skips and jerks around 1500-2500 rpms, wot is good and idle is ok but rough... Ive run a few bottles of fuel cleaners in it since then but still acts the same.. the codes its pulling are p0475 (I have ebpv delete), 1316, 0344, 1212, 0340, 0470.. any ideas of what could be the cause of my problems??? thanks in advance. and happy new years!!

the truck has a new hpop, ipr, and icp. replaced 2-3 months ago runs the same with icp unplugged...

·
Registered
853 Posts
the 0470 code is the exhaust back pressure sensor try taking it off and cleaning the tube and sensor. what cps did you use? was it ford? if not go get one from for or international that's what the 0340 code is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But could that be the problem with the skipping and all

·
Registered
853 Posts
ya what brand cps did u use its either the cps ebp tube clogged or the injector wiring harness loose which is another code that u have

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was a bwd gray cps from advance.. ive messed with the harness while the truck is running and it dosent seem to change anything, what would be the best way to clean the ebp tube???

·
Registered
853 Posts
Look it up on you tube a guy named trey spooner has a good video on it he's also a member on here and get rid of that auto parts cps and get either a ford or international cps only!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts