Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to replace the rear main seal. I had the HPOP O-Rings blow last week and sparyed oil everywhere. I replaced those and cleaned everything as good as possible. I am still having a oil drip at the bottom of the flywheel housing and think I might have a rear main leak, unless it is still dripping from the HPOP mishap.
thanks

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
before you go thinking its the rear main seal check everything up top and make sure nothing up there is leaking.
:whs:

Give it some time to all drain down from up top. Probably leftovers from your leak up top. I have yet to see a rear main actually leaking. Always ends up being up top draining down.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Probably just left over from the HPOP incident. The rear main seal almost never fail on these engines.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I know on my truck the oil is coming dow nthe back of the block but its from the rod for the ebpv, but that will be gone this weekend depending on the weather lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the tips, I will just keep wiping it down and hopefully it will stop soon. i have cleaned the top of the motor as good as possible but there still must be some oil up there.
Thanks again as always
-Jason

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Soak the valley with brake clean, follow with soaking with simple green. Follow with soaking from a garden hose (low pressure only, do not use a sprayer). See if that fixes you up.

·
Registered
717 Posts
i found the easiest way to find a oil leak is put some uv dye in and just hold a black light. shows u exactly where the leak is coming from everytime

1 - 9 of 9 Posts