Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Recently I’ve become aware of a lot of the differences between my e99 powerstroke and other L99+ trucks... Mainly what I’m focused on is the turbo, plenum, boost tubes, injectors etc. I never really noticed a lack of power with my e99 compared to my previous truck (02 sclb 7.3) but none the less I was wondering what everyone’s opinion is on the power gain for a L99 swap.

Reason I’m wondering is i Have a good donor truck for the swap with AD code injectors. If I’m not mistaken they would be around 140cc and as far as I know were new just before I bought the truck.

I have read around on some other forums but couldn’t find much info on modifying injectors from 99-03 trucks (AD I believe). I have found aftermarket nozzles 30% up to about 100% or maybe more which would be a nice upgrade from my understanding.

One thing I was curious about though was intensifier pistons, I read that on some obs 7.3’s and maybe 6.0’s The intensifier Piston can be machined down to create a larger cc injector. I was thinking if on AD injectors it could be shortened enough to hit 160 or 170cc’s would be interesting. Just a thought as I don’t have any actual experience with these injectors But anyone with any info please chime in!

All in all I do plan on picking up some bigger injectors and a turbo at a later time but for now as I have all this stuff laying around I was just trying to figure out what would work with what and my whole idea of this thread is to see if some of the info I picked up was false or not. Thanks in advance for any insight or just checking out my thread.

·
Registered
16 Posts
there is a thread over on FTE that has a guy DIY injectors. Has some good reading about machining down the piston look over there. its called "Don't DIY injectors!Of course i will! " over on FTE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a thread over on FTE that has a guy DIY injectors. Has some good reading about machining down the piston look over there. its called "Don't DIY injectors!Of course i will! " over on FTE.
Thanks, I’ll go check it out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts