Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this maybe a bad question but what all dose it take to make good towing power from 850rpm's on up,towing 20,000 to 35,000 pound loads

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
A Peterbilt.

·
Old guy from the old days
263 Posts
A Peterbilt.
Second that - more truck than an OBS F350 - what does your trailer weigh that can carry 17 1/2 tons? Your gross combined weight has to be well over 45K (35K for load, 7K for trailer, 7K for truck which is probably a couple thousand low = 49K, almost 25 tons and more than twice the GCWR of your truck, if it is the one in your signature).

:eek:

That aside - why do you want to lug your engine to 850 rpm?

Unless you are trolling for suckers (guess I may have fallen for this one, eh?)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i'm about 32,000 to 35,000 combined truck and trailer,and i want good power down there for taking off,but it probably is a dream.lol

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
no i'm about 32,000 to 35,000 combined truck and trailer,and i want good power down there for taking off,but it probably is a dream.lol
That is awfully heavy for a pickup. Hell, that is heavy for a F550

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
yes its a dream, you need to wake up now... an F550 is only rated for 26K combined.

·
Bushwacker
269 Posts
if its for that monster truck i see in the picture. my friend has a peterbuilt and a 53' double drop trailer that he uses for his setup. but he also has a ride truck and two sets of wheels. what you have is a lot of weight for an OBS considering my deuce ans a half is only rated to 23k and thats a 10 wheel truck!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya the mt is alot of weight for it,but i only use it for local stuff i have a totorhome for long distances

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
shoot just give it some go pedal. my cousin pulls 30k daily with a 2000 f350 v10 auto 4wd and 3:73 gears LOL. 10k trailer 10k trencher 10k trackhoe. give or take 1k lbs for each one.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Put a PC on there then add fuel till it breaks.. Then rebuild it and back the fuel off a bit.... :lookaround:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts