Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve got a 7.3 that people on the Ford trucks forum were telling me it’s your ipr icp..... and so on. I’ve worked one these for a reasonable amount of time to give me creditable experience. Ive replace orings, glow plugs, uvc gaskets, ipr because it was definitely due, icp and a whole lot of diagnosing to get to 3000psi to injectors and only #2357 are firing now should I send idm away and get it fixed or is there something I’m missing

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Welcome to PSN! What year is your truck? How are you collecting data? I would check the wiring from the UVCH back to the IDM connector. Some where here on PSN there is a diagram of the pinout. I believe Patrick Freely posted it.

Cj

Hey @1970something Can you move this into the 7.3 section after the OP replies?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll get someone to crank and test off plugs I’m pulling IDM connector to check it atm. Is Block style connector off drivers valve cover best place to test idm
Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory Font Auto part Engineering
probably should pull both plugs at covers and test there too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On plugs at valve covers it’s showing 28.5 for inner 4 center reads 4.5 both sides

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Pull the connector at the IDM and do the test in this attachment.

What year of truck?

Attachments

·
Administrator
666 Posts
Welcome to PSN! What year is your truck? How are you collecting data? I would check the wiring from the UVCH back to the IDM connector. Some where here on PSN there is a diagram of the pinout. I believe Patrick Freely posted it.

Cj

Hey @1970something Can you move this into the 7.3 section after the OP replies?
done! (y)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
That looks like the chassis to engine connector... You need to test all the way back to the connector attached to the IDM. What are you using to read codes and capture PID data?

Cj

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FORScan, the ohms are 2.8 at the idm connector in the driver body panel I’m sending idm away tomorrow considering all other bases are covered

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Cool. I hope that fixes the problem. Please let us know what the outcome is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts