Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 4x4 5spd 250. 220,000 miles. I replaced one injector last week (I know you should replace them all at once. Money is tight.) This is the only recent change to the truck. I took it mudding tonight and it ran great. Before we left the place we checked EVERYTHING. Oil level, brake fluid level, springs, shocks, etc... Half way home we stopped at McDonnalds and truck was running great dident notice any leaks. I got to my room an hour later after driving 60-65 on the interstate and notice a trail going to my parking spot. Open the hood, everything is coated with oil. Pull the dipstic and its dry. The only thing I can find in the oily mess is the oil pan gasket just below the fluid dampener looks like its pushed out. The truck never lost power wich is weird for having no oil in it. Is this possible? Would it relate to the new injector? Was this a common problem? Could it be the oil pan gasket or do I have bigger problems? ANY help is appreciated.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Look in the valley of the motor, is there a lake in there?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Since it's already a mess, put some oil in it and start it. Bet you find it quick.

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No oil in the valley. top of the engine is dry except for what the fan spread up there. The other thing I considered is the main berring. just another thought? Im going to put some oil in it and try to get it to the car wash just down the street and wash it down with degreaser so I can see whats going on. I'm really hopeing its not the main...

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Filter looks fine. Can I ask what you had in mind? Just wondering what you were lookin for with the filter.

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just found my power steering pump is dry. Dont think its related but im tellin you guys everything I know.

·
02 CCSB
118 Posts
the oil pan is siliconed on-no gasket

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a trailer comming to pick up me and my truck. Gunna take her home and get her cleaned up. Hopefully have it home on friday.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Is it possible that the oil is leaking out from the mounting surface of the LPOP?

·
new mod, Blown engine...
52 Posts
well, My truck did the same exact thing but i noticed a KNOCKING noise.
basicly what happened is #8 piston #### the bucket and had a hole in it, that allowed the compresed air coming into the piston be forced down into the engine block, which blew out the oil pan gasket.... Oil everywhere!

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was my first worry too. I thought I had "excessive crankcase pressure" haha but it idles smooth and it ran great on the trip back to my room. Dident lack power and sounded normal.

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Speeddemon, I will check that too when I get it cleaned off.

·
new mod, Blown engine...
52 Posts
whats the word?

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I added a gallon of oil and started it. I drove it to the car wash and shut it off. I washed it down and drove it back. This morning I went down and found another puddle. Its dry anywhere above vipration dampener. There is oil dripping from the dampener and some running down the oil pan in the front of the engine. So im thinking oil pan seal leak? Somebody posted that its only gasket maker there.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Could be the front seal.

·
They call me Nobody
258 Posts
Oil Cooler?

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im thinkin front seal too. Where is the oil cooler on the obs? Is it on the front of the engine? I thought it was back by the oil filter and there isnt anything wet back there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts