Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm working on getting the MPG's on my 2001 Excursion with the 7.3L up after deployment. I'm looking at 4" turbo back catless, mufflerless exhaust, a tuner and an intake. we'll see where we are after that. I've also considered a meth injection setup for those trips from Virginia to Texas. lol

·
1,084 Posts
I'm afraid none of your mods will do jack for MPG.

Check out the MPG forum. We've posted stickies on what works and what doesn't.

·
1,084 Posts
Check out the MPG forum. There are stickies there that go exhaustively through what works and what doesn't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess I'm pretty lucky then. I have an 01 extended cab short bed. Just hit 300,000 miles. I get pretty good mileage. I have a TS6 and always keep it on 6, S&B cold air intake, stock gears, 35" tires in aluminum wheels, always add cetane booster during the summer and winterizer in the winter, synthetic oil, and change fuel filter at every oil change. I live in Indianapolis and I drove to Lansing, MI to see my aunt. I drove 3 and a half hours at 82 mph and got an average of 20.3 mpg. I haven't done much but it works.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm afraid none of your mods will do jack for MPG.

Check out the MPG forum. We've posted stickies on what works and what doesn't.
Check out the MPG forum. There are stickies there that go exhaustively through what works and what doesn't.
Okay, I'll bite. Where is this MPG Forum? :confused:

·
Registered
70 Posts
61 - 66 of 66 Posts