Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the truck to my normal guy to put this thing back to stock and sell. he's the one who installed the parts so i got him to uninstall them. after getting the stock injectors put back in a contribution test showed #'s 4 and 8 were bad. figured things might work them selves out being there was only about 20 miles put on since replacement. well after 110 miles the truck was still missing and knocking and has a shutter feel with NO power. i reinstalled my stage ones and after 110 miles.. problem is still there. any ideas? thanks

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
What did he take off? Did he put new o rings and a copper washer in when doing the injectors?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All new orings and coppers.

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
Did he take off the headstuds and springs ? Also did you check the injector cups? Did it throw any other codes?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Have you ohm'd out the injector harness at all just to see if possibly something got screwed up on the reinstall?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes he took the studs out and pushrods. From what I saw the cups seemed to be fine. And no not yet about the harness. But I was wondering if they would make it do that.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Yep. Poor electrical connection to the injector could mean a non firing injector hence the miss.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right well I meant to this extent. I figured if contribution tests and what not were being passed it couldn't be that. Hpop is good. Great icp and duty cycle. Fuel pressure is good. Brand new cps from ford. Only code being thrown is for exhaust back pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts