Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well. Replaced the icp,checked the engine wire harness at problematic areas. Still havent come up with anything. Truck still has a an occasional miss. Idles perfect. Ids computer shows 99 with auto transmission and multiple transmission codes. Still no ac no tach. Check engine light and glow plug light on. Ordered new Pcm. Wondering if someone flashed the Pcm with the wrong program.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The guy that had it before me changed the seals on the hpop and could not get it cranked. The truck was cranked until it burned up the batteries.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you everyone that has replied. Hoping I can figure it out soon. I really like the truck.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hmm... The tach signal is created by the PCM from the CPS data. I don't know how the AC is controlled.

Cj

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Update. New computer, icp,ipr,fuel filter,fuel spring set, cleaned ebp tube and sensor. Truck surges/bucks at 1500 rpm under light acceleration. No codes. I cant seem to figure it out.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Jjam,

Sorry to hear... though a working dash and A/C is nice. Are you collecting data yet? I would look closely FORScan and a reliable adapter... I like my USB OBDLink EX for direct to a computer, but the BAFX Bt/Wifi or a OBDLink MX for a phone also seem to get good reviews here at PSN. I would capture and save data from the IPR, ICP, RPM, EBP, MAP, IAT, EOT, BARO and calculated torque PIDs at a minimum. There is no fuel pressure PID for the 7.3. The couple of sensors that you have not replaced - the MAP sensor. At 1500 rpm is about when the turbo finally starts to kick in (assuming you have a completely stock turbo), or the BARO sensor which from my reading can cause some very odd things to happen with the engine if it gets damaged. The BARO may play a part in the fueling calculations so if it jumping around (which it shouldn't) it could be the cause.
You really need to get an idea of what the inputs the PCM is responding to. I would record as short a data set as you can to keep the amount of information to a minimum, but still capture the "bucking". I would record a run or two when cold and another couple of runs when hot. Then I would export the data into CSV format and pull it into excel (or whatever spreadsheet software you like) before graphing all the PIDs. For some reason FORScan doesn't seem to like graphing several of the PIDs (this may just be me) when looking at data that you have collected and saved. You may be able to post the Excel file here for us to download and play with too.

Cj

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Still fighting this 7.3. Changed the CPS snd oil hoping this would correct my problem. Nope. I'm running out of ideas. Could it be the injectors?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
20201120_163336.jpg
Pulled the injectors today. The nozzles were dirty. Allthe ones on the drivers side were rusty and pitted

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Jjam,

Sorry to hear... though a working dash and A/C is nice. Are you collecting data yet? I would look closely FORScan and a reliable adapter... I like my USB OBDLink EX for direct to a computer, but the BAFX Bt/Wifi or a OBDLink MX for a phone also seem to get good reviews here at PSN. I would capture and save data from the IPR, ICP, RPM, EBP, MAP, IAT, EOT, BARO and calculated torque PIDs at a minimum. There is no fuel pressure PID for the 7.3. The couple of sensors that you have not replaced - the MAP sensor. At 1500 rpm is about when the turbo finally starts to kick in (assuming you have a completely stock turbo), or the BARO sensor which from my reading can cause some very odd things to happen with the engine if it gets damaged. The BARO may play a part in the fueling calculations so if it jumping around (which it shouldn't) it could be the cause.
You really need to get an idea of what the inputs the PCM is responding to. I would record as short a data set as you can to keep the amount of information to a minimum, but still capture the "bucking". I would record a run or two when cold and another couple of runs when hot. Then I would export the data into CSV format and pull it into excel (or whatever spreadsheet software you like) before graphing all the PIDs. For some reason FORScan doesn't seem to like graphing several of the PIDs (this may just be me) when looking at data that you have collected and saved. You may be able to post the Excel file here for us to download and play with too.

Cj
I dont have any way to graph it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts