Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im new to the forum. I have an issue with my 2002 F250 4x4 with the 7.3. The issue im having is a chech engine light, glow plug light, no tach, a/c compressor not engaging, and an occasional miss in the engine. I sent the pcm to be rebuilt but still have same issues. Im wondering if I have a wiring harness issue. Not sure were or how to start. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Do you have a code reader? FORScan, for example?

If not, while you are waiting for it to come in, I would test all your fuses with a multimeter.

This is for 1999, but should be close.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a code reader? FORScan, for example?

If not, while you are waiting for it to come in, I would test all your fuses with a multimeter.

This is for 1999, but should be close.
It doesnt have any codes. And all the fuses have been checked.

·
Administrator
8,670 Posts
If the check engine light came on, there is a trouble code stored in the computer. Unless the battery was removed, or let go dead.

Reactions: Jax

·
Registered
847 Posts
Jjam,

What code reader are you using? Is it one purchased from a big box store (Napa, Autozone, Oreilly, etc)? If so it won't read the codes on these trucks as it doesn't speak heavy duty diesel (though it seems they may be able to access various PIDs). FORScan is a reliable program when coupled with a reliable adapter. I use a usb unit from OBDLink (an OBDLink EX, I also have an OBDLink SX), but serveral others here recommend a Bafx bluetooth/wifi unit if you wish to use your phone.

Cj

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a bluetooth code reader. It will pull up real time data. It still shows no codes.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
But what are you using to read the codes? My Bluetooth adapter plugs into the OBD II port but I still have to use Forscan to read the codes.

If it is a Bluetooth reader and it doesn't have the capabilities to read the Ford codes then it doesn't work.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I use a 10 year old bafx bluetooth dongle and have purchased both torque pro and car gauge pro. Car gauge pro works great for pulling codes on my 2001 but sucks as a gauge. Torque is glitchy and usually makes the PCM reset when reading codes, but works great for gauges. If the CEL is on, you have a code stored

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update. Put the truck on a computer. Shows up as a 99 with an automatic transmission. Not sure why. Checked the pcm number in relation to the vin. According to Ford it matches. Not sure if this is the original pcm or its been replaced. Not sure were to go from here. Anyone have a pcm for a 2002 f250 7.3 with manual 6 speed transmission?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Was the truck originally an automatic? Might need to call Ford and get a rundown of how the truck actually came. The PCM might be correct for the VIN in terms of series and date, but might not be the original PCM for the transmission configuration.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
What is the PCM code on the PCM that is in it now?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
The AEB3 is for the 6 speed

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
No idea but I doubt that anyone would go to the trouble of programming a good PCM from one code to another without placing a sticker onto it to say how it is programmed.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Update. Put the truck on a computer. Shows up as a 99 with an automatic transmission. Not sure why. Checked the pcm number in relation to the vin. According to Ford it matches. Not sure if this is the original pcm or its been replaced. Not sure were to go from here. Anyone have a pcm for a 2002 f250 7.3 with manual 6 speed transmission?
According to this site, there are many that could go on your truck.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I would think that they would place a sticker on the flashed PCM saying what it is for.

But seeing that the OP's truck is a 6 speed and the code for the PCM says that it is for a 2002 with a 6 speed I highly doubt that it has been flashed or reprogrammed.

2002 AEB3 2F729Q0A10 DPC-461 2C3F-BD 7.3L F-250/350 DIESEL - MANUAL 49S TOAA5Z5

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
That makes me question the "computer" or whatever read the PCM. That goes back to what CJ said:

Jjam,

What code reader are you using? Is it one purchased from a big box store (Napa, Autozone, Oreilly, etc)? If so it won't read the codes on these trucks as it doesn't speak heavy duty diesel (though it seems they may be able to access various PIDs). FORScan is a reliable program when coupled with a reliable adapter. I use a usb unit from OBDLink (an OBDLink EX, I also have an OBDLink SX), but serveral others here recommend a Bafx bluetooth/wifi unit if you wish to use your phone.

Cj

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I can't swear to it but I seam to remember some readers coming up with wrong information when they identify the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts