Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this truck because I have been driving powerstrokes since I was 10 around the farm. Never seen one have problems other then regular maintence. I had an 05 6.0 great truck, my dad has a a Ford diesel since the 6.9 and is now driving a 6.4.

Well long story short bad economy I had to get rid of my 05 and get a 94.5... not a big deal I thought, 7.3 will be indestructible. WRONG!!!

I got the truck about a 2 months ago and have maybe drivin it for 2 weeks. First the tensioner pully whent bad... not a big deal. Then I found a nice hole in my oil pan from my flywheel cover... had to replace that. Now my truck is pissing coolant out of the overflow whenever it heats up... Not sure why its doin that... Plus to top it all off Im pretty sure the turbo is shot since every time I let off the trottle the turbo locks and oil pressure falls off off the face of the earth even though my oil is full...

powerstroke has finally failed my after 15 years... and it does it when I can afford it the least... with all this ish to fix I shoulda just kept the 6.0.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup I know, its just things all needing replaced at the same time, I still love the powerstrokes just sucks this string of things all happens right now.

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
You got a truck that was 10 years older than your last. There was bound to be more issues... :poke:

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
How long you had the truck? Do you know the previous owner? How many miles on it? Sounds kinda like an abused or neglected truck you got. Just my .02 but still feel for ya. Hopefully you can get all the issues fixed and have it last ya a while.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
had the truck for about 2 months and its got 138k on it... I dont know the owner, I went down south to find it since we have rust up here but ya... I think it has been a bit neglected the more and more I look over it... Looks like i got a project now.

Great truck just sucks it needs all this at the same time

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
You can't buy a 16yr old truck without expecting issues. All the issues you listed are common problems that anyone who owns a PSD will have to face at some time or another. Things never break at the most convenient times & you can't plan on what will break next. Just fix it as it goes or sell it & buy something else.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
yeah mine just took a shhit all over everything electrical which was a pain in the asssss.

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
sorry about your run of luck bud! sounds like the truck has been through years of abuse and neglect like others have said. i had a 95 for a while.. and it had been through hell before i got it. i let my wife drive it once.. she thought she would be nice and fill it up for me. she didnt know to use the green nozzle and i got a tank full of 87 octane! burned through almost the whole tank before i started having trouble then asking questions. these trucks are tough.. sounds like you just got one that hadnt been taken care of. if you need parts, post up in the classifieds. you never know what somebody might be willing to part with just for the good karmah:D

·
"Strokin"
41 Posts
sorry about your run of luck bud! sounds like the truck has been through years of abuse and neglect like others have said. i had a 95 for a while.. and it had been through hell before i got it. i let my wife drive it once.. she thought she would be nice and fill it up for me. she didnt know to use the green nozzle and i got a tank full of 87 octane! burned through almost the whole tank before i started having trouble then asking questions. these trucks are tough.. sounds like you just got one that hadnt been taken care of. if you need parts, post up in the classifieds. you never know what somebody might be willing to part with just for the good karmah:D
Omg dude does the truck still run after the tank of 87?? lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts