Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ford fanatic
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have been thinking about this project for a while and just want to get any input that might help me out. First of all i thought about doing a 6bt over the years but thought it would nice to do something different. So of course this project raises a lot of questions. I have researched a lot in this topic and it seems guys have done it both ways but nobody has really commented on which way might be easier. It looks like it has been done in the old high boy frame or what I think I was leaning towards was finding a donor obs truck as this is the years where the wheel bases match up the closest, and I already have a 6.0 cooler and was going to probably go to a full t4 mount anyway. I have a set of diffs off an excursion that are almost new so i could have 4 wheel disc, and would prob just try and mount the obs dash into the bump side. I guess where my questions lie is would I be better off with a super duty frame donor so I get a 4r100,( this adds 4" of wheel base) or should I run a obs auto, or 5 spd, or should I just throw everything into my high boy frame? Anyone seen it done both ways and have any suggestions on which way to go. I have lots of time for this project so am just feeling it out so I can start getting some parts together.

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
I've only read about it. But from what I've seen its easier to cut the floor and fire wall out of each truck then set the 72 cab down onto the floor and firewall of the obs. Then you have ac, ducting, the dash and a mounting points.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts