Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you asking why?? Well I crashed my 02 150000 miles and bought a 08 which the motor went out after 8 days, both trucks are six speeds I was just wondering if anyone had done it?

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
I wish. Besides the motor I'd want swapped in place of my junk.four I have another sitting in my barn with 135k I'd gladly offer as a tip to the wizard that made the conversion happen. I can't imagine how the pcm would link up and run the 5r110 trans as well as a dozen other things. Maybe on a 6 speed it would be easier, but....

·
Freak'n know it all
3,004 Posts
you folks are thinking too small.... this is actually an EASY swap.... just very involved.... It starts with completely stripping the 08 of EVERY wire, engine, trans, all computers, dash, instruments, etc... end up with a bare firewall and no dash.... then EVERYTHING from the 02 goes in.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
you folks are thinking too small.... this is actually an EASY swap.... just very involved.... It starts with completely stripping the 08 of EVERY wire, engine, trans, all computers, dash, instruments, etc... end up with a bare firewall and no dash.... then EVERYTHING from the 02 goes in.
right it is the same cab.

·
Registered
693 Posts
If you live in an emissions area, you would have to register it as an 08 so it would have to pass the 08 emissions equipment and standards?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Cummins swap

No, no, and no
Why not? I wish I had done that when I went for the new motor. I wanted an old 12 valve. I know the Cummins guys can get real arrogant, but the fact is the Dodge is a crap truck with a great engine. A Ford is a Great truck with a good engine. I wouldn't pass on the best truck engine just because a lot of the guys that have them are idiots.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought about the Cummins swap it is what started me thinking why go buy a motor That is arguably slightly superior when I've got a strong running motor and complete pickup sitting in my shed

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
Cummins swap would be better than 7.3 personally.

·
Registered
472 Posts
True... That's the only reason I didn't go that route. I hit the lotto, my baby's getting a built 12 valve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts