Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2000 Excursion 7.3 Auto 2WD.# Recently my engine light came on and my mechanic said that code P1211 was triggered.# Last night I was 2 miles from home and it started running erratic and stalled when I came up to a stop.# I got it started again. I pulled over to a safe parking lot and when it would not start, I unplugged the ICP sensor connector and it would not start.# I heard that if this was bad that unplugging it would put it in default mode and be able to start and drive it (with less power than normal).# There was a little oil on the connector.# I wiggled the wires when it was running and that did not effect it at all. I got it home ok and need to get it fixed by tomorrow morning.
The nut on the IPR valve is on.# When I replaced it, I did not like that thin timmerman nut, so I bought a real nut and loctited it on.# I have a good used IPR valve that I can install if needed.# If I unplug the IPR valve will that put it in default mode also??# 1 1/2 years ago I replaced both the IPR valve and the ICP sensor (both were auto parts store, not Ford).# I do not have the torque pro app and only have the stock gauges at this point (will purchase a CTS2 monitor down the road).# Since the symptoms are similar for the ICP and the IPR is there an easy way to tell which one is bad?? thanks in advance, Ron Miller

·
PSN intsigator
6,104 Posts
Sounds like the IPR, unplugging the ICP does not put it into default mode, it just tells the pcm there is erratic data and the pcm will just put a set reading to it. The IPR controls how much high pressure oil is in the system. The icp says what the pressure is.

THEY SHOULD BOTH BE REPLACED WITH OEM COMPONENTS ONLY!

And what is up with all the # signs in your post?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts