Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum. I have a 2002 F350 7.3 6sp manual. 150K miles. Oil and filter changes regular - good quality fuel and power service additive regularly. I also use 1 quart Lucas synthetic additive with each oil change - around 3500-4000 miles. I also drain the pump reservoir and add new oil to that (top end oil). Recently the truck has occasionally had a lack of power issue only momentarily - about 4 seconds - usually when I shift into 3rd or 4th gear - only lasts for a few seconds then total power resumes and it drives perfect for the rest of the day. I know that there are two "socklike filters" on the pump inside the tank and I understand that these clog up around 150K-175K miles. Power service makes 2 products - 1. clear-diesel fuel and tank cleaner and 2. biokleen diesel fuel biocide. A friend of mine said to put both in the tank and run the truck for about 500 miles then change the filter. I use Hastings F1114 by the way. I am worried that I may push the sludge, dirt ,etc upstream into the injectors and possibly hurt my motor which runs flawlessly except for this issue. Does anyone have any input or experience on this matter? Thanks so much in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts