Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many different fuel filters and as many prices.
Ebay has best price but I am worried about there quality.
Is there a good filter that anyone can recommend ?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Motorcraft?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lt.Dan

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you start switching between filter brands, watch the cap for the fuel bowl. The Motorcraft filter snaps into the factory cap, but many of the aftermarket ones come with their own cap attached to the filter. If you have a motorcraft filter and want to go with another brand, keep the original cap so you can go back later if you want. Mine had an aftermarket filter in it when I bought it, and I had to buy another cap to be able to go back to Motorcraft......

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine also came with a aftermarket fuel filter on it. The Wix filter has done great and I have no complaints, I went back with a wix fuel filter at the last oil change because I didnt have a cap at the time.

Next oil change I will have a cap and filter from Riffraff ready to go on simply for the lower price and great filtration of the OEM from Riffraff.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Riffraff has them new fancy caps.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: dragondave

·
Registered
293 Posts
FYI the factory ones aka the Motorcraft ones are made by Racor

·
2000 F350 SuperDuty 4x4
1,009 Posts
Wallymart for Motorcraft.
Can't really go wrong with OEM...

~Al

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just insure what filter you buy has the water repellent membrane, inexpensive filters most likely will not have it. I buy my fuel filters from Fleetfilter.com by the case. They have several brands...I buy the wix/napa gold filters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts