Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
i only live for 7.3's
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an auto 7.3 f350 2002 87,000 miles no real problems except I got the do tuner and when I ran it my cylinders glazed. I took the chip out and ran the truck hard to clean them and now that their clear I have a decent sized oil leak. It leaks when it sits and leaks more when it runs maybe a 4 inch puddle while it warms up. The oil is dripping from where the fly wheel connects to the transmission and from where the starter attatches to the transmission. Also looking up the bottom on the engine is also wet. I degreased and powrrwashed everything and ran it for 20 minutes. No oil out of the fly wheel but seems to be coming from where the starter connects to the transmission. Does this make sense to anyone I am confused
Thanks

·
Freak'n know it all
3,004 Posts
the leak is in the valley on TOP of the engine

most likely the warm up valve on the turbo

there is a drain in the valley that drops the oil out where you are seeing it

open the hood, balance on your kneecaps, n have a look

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine appears to leak from that area as well but usually I only see it after driving it and my puddle is more like several drops up to about a 1-2 in mess. I rebuilt my turbo deleted the valve and it wasn't leaking there before and isn't oily up there? I heard there is a plug on the passenger side back there somewhere that can leak..?? Anyone have and input to add?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
EBPV in the turbo pedestal. leaks out the end of the rod that actuates the valve. The plug is the oil galley plug in the head, you use a 1/2 inch drive to get it out.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
duplicate thread in wrong section

closed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.