Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My early 99 7.3 is falling on it face when I try to sustain 60 or 65 mph on the highway acts like its not getting fuel. just changed the oil did a turbo rebuild with 6fin billet comp wheel, new orings in hpop and lines/ although waiting on ipr kit to get here. found hole in ebp tube not here yet along with ebpsensor, cps, an map sensor fooler. an im getting codes 0381,0470,0478. I run a superchip 1705 does this on all settings and stock. can anyone please help?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also my wait to start light isn't coming on I can tell the relay is working though

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
First code is a glow plug issue. Check all your fuses, make sure your gpr has voltage to the terminals as a start. The other codes are for your ebp sensor

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 12.48 volts coming through the relay

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would a failing cps make it run like this?

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
There's such a number of things that can cause a 7.3 to run rough, its hard to say. How many miles on the truck since you had hpop off truck?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
50 at most

·
Registered
853 Posts
Sounds like a back pressure issue or a cps issue

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
take your super chip out till she starts running right....that's will rule out the chip and make diagnosing things a little easier..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chip out still doesd the same thing runs great until I try to sustain 60mph or so. and the wait to start light not coming on has me puzzled?

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
sounds like a blown fuse...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all fuses in cab and under hood good? think it is possably fuel pump not keeping up?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do yall think its my hpop that cant keep up? maybe

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
your other codes are for back PSI.. have you cleared codes and run it yet??? did you fix that EBP tube yet?? what kind of boost fooler you running??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
more updates coming Wednesday. I hade to order ebp sensor n tube, stage l&ll ebp fooler, also got dual relief map and boost fooler. all from dfuser. all should be in Wednesday and we will see I also noticed today that the plastic collar on the ipr is buggered up so that got ordered also. will update ya'll Wednesday. thank you for the help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would check the fuel pressure to start.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had to put over 300 miles on mine after replacing the hpop to clear all the air out of the lines. My main problem was a hard start until the air worked out of the system.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
When was fuel and air filter changed.
have you done any tank mods or cleaned the in tank screens...
could it be a boost leak

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think one of my main problems was I had never changed the hpop oil. I bought truck in 99 it was 3 months old it now has 287,000 on it. have had no problems other than cps, gpr, turbo at 180,000 and waterpump until this episode. is their a good way to completely drain the high pressure oil system? is their anyway to get the oil out of the heads? the fuel filter is clean but when I was starting it after the hpop reseal and turbo rebuild the fuel pump was taking spells of not pumping fuel into the bowl when I cycled the key. so new fuel pump going on tomorrow. thanks for all the help guys. PSN RULES!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts