Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 F250 7.3 automatic crew cab 4-wheel drive.

Statue Sculpture Terrestrial animal Wood Metal

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Black Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Sculpture Auto part Metal

Yesterday I was on my way home when I pulled over to get a drink from my cooler in the bed of my truck when I noticed the motor sounding different. When I got back in the truck I held it at about 2,000 rpms and idle fine I took off and within a half a mile she had quit running. Pop the hood and the top of the motor is completely covered in oil. Considering that the turbo with self is completely covered would it be aline or a o-ring? I know I do have to change my front seal but it drained all my oil in a matter of a half a mile. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. (Pictures Uploaded)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Where has the help been ? Take it to an area that will tolerate a little oil mess ? If able to add oil and drive a short distance and give top of engine a good cleaning .. At that time have a friend work with you .Add the proper amount of oil needed to run the engine and look for your leak , A good flashlight will help you pinpoint the leake , it might be simple ? maybe not ? The Gov Holmes

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
With that mush oil sprayed over the top of the engine I would bet that you could refill the oil pan and then while you are watching have someone start the truck up. You should be able to spot it fairly quickly.

Then take a picture of where it is coming from and post it here.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My guess would be a high pressure line from the back of the HPOP. in front of the HPOP and reservoir look to be dry, so the leak is in the valley of the engine (right where those lines are). A leak on the turbo pedestal usually just goes down the back of the motor, not up on top of the motor.

If you look down under your fuel bowl you should see 2 steel braded lines coming out of the pump and one leading to each cylinder head. It is very high pressure, and high flow, a small leak will spray oil EVERYWHERE. I have had this happen, probably about 15 years ago to my truck, lucky for me it sprayed down into the valley of the engine, but it was a lot of oil flowing very fast. If the leak goes undetected for a short amount of time you will run out of oil supplying the injectors and the engine will shut off. Once the truck is down to 4 qts in the pan, she will not run anymore.

Good luck, and I would replace both lines while you are in there. Also, as Bugman said, you should be able to spot it pretty quick. Just be careful, that oil can be upwards of 5000 psi.

Reactions: powderhound12
1 - 4 of 4 Posts