Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 F250 with 4" turbo back. I have a k&n intake on now but I would like to change it. I would like some advice in which one to go with. Any advice would help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
:whs: My truck came with a K&N also. After very little research I realized I needed to change it. It's very easy to do the 6637 switch. Also recommend the zoodad. Cheapie mods can add up quick.

·
POWER Junkie
356 Posts
I love my AIS. I ran a Banks Ram air that worked nicely for about 75k miles. It's in perfect shape and I'm looking to sell at a good price if interested. PM me.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
AIS best filtering

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have tried a couple different ones and i like the S&B the best.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Best a Tymar intake, or do a correctly built clone but it will cost much more than $40

·
Registered
272 Posts
definitely go with the 6637 intake have one on my truck. like bruce51d said $40 . . . . to me you cant beat that for a filter that does better than the $200+ ones. . .

·
Flatulent entrepreneur
89 Posts
wix part #46637. I used a 6" piece of 4" exhaust pipe, removed the stock airbox, let the small sensor jus hang, the flow sensor put into the intake hose. Stick the pipe in the filter and clamp it, put the pipe in the intake and clamp it. Done. Filter sits right on the fender. I get my filters online for about $40 with shipping.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
118 Posts
When it comes to the filter use the Donaldson 085046 high humidity filter. I've had the same one for a few years now and its still holding strong. This one is in the $60-$80 range depending on where you get it but is well worth the dough.

·
Registered
30 Posts
By far afe stage 2 pro gaurd 7. Dont have to worry about dusting the motor. no water or snow getting to the filter. Did the 6637 mod didnt personally like the results for the conditions i go through. can get it real cheap through XDP.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
If a DYI is made correctly using a filter mount no need for 085046 a ...Anyway, both of those filters are hydrophobic. The 085046 filter is for high humidity applications. This has little to do with the hydrophobic capabilities and deals with micro biotic growth since constant high humidity, think of boats that are always in the water moored to a dock, will have greater abilities for mold and such to develop on them.

It should be noted that the 085046 filter is a LOT more expensive and there is no air flow or hydrophobic benefit over the 085011.

·
Registered
30 Posts
:pointlaugh:
if you hadn't blown all that money on that intake maybe you could afford decent tunes
Boss , not even gonna get into the argument, I like my set up and Im glad I bought it, Ive seen the dyno numbers on chips... you keep running your "140" hp tune that every one thinks is true and Ill run mine, tried those tunes didnt like em thought they were b.s.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It only smokes if I lug it its a stick it clears up, besides when my propane injection kit is finished shell be burning clean,slowest truck on the road please I don't use it to race I haul fifth wheel trailers , I'm not just another punk kid with a diesel and have no trailer, but if u do wanna run em give a time and place

1 - 20 of 41 Posts