Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
powerstrokin
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason the ac is not working on this truck I just bought. Compressor is working but blower will not work or anything. Any slight ideas what I should be looking for before I start on it?

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
So what is it? You are telling us the a/c is not working but the compressor is on but the blower is not working. If blower is not working check to see if power is getting to the blower. Maybe the blower is shot or maybe the blower resistor is shot. The blower resistor is located on the firewall next to the blower with a white plug connector going to it.

·
blame the dog..
1,945 Posts
So what is it? You are telling us the a/c is not working but the compressor is on but the blower is not working. If blower is not working check to see if power is getting to the blower. Maybe the blower is shot or maybe the blower resistor is shot. The blower resistor is located on the firewall next to the blower with a white plug connector going to it.
Bushy is kind of correct, but I don't like when guys jump the gun and tell you to throw Part X at a truck without some basic checks..

get a test light and check for power and ground at the motor.
Can you do that?
unplug the connector and you should have battery voltage on one side, and a varying ground on the other as you flip the speed selector

the resistor makes sense if it was missing all the low speeds but still had High.

if it's missing everything, you have a different problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts