Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yawl I did an air leak test today with about 70 psi of air. I put 12v on the ipr and pressurised the whole system hearing a small leak. I then isolated the right side followed by the left side. Pressure held on each side. I didnt have the correct fittings to isolate the hpop so I pressurised the whole system again just to double check. There is a leak in the pump itself. Is a small leak normal in the pump? The reason I decided to check for leaks is due to long cranks, high ipr duty cycle with low icp readings. I do not have any visible oil leaks. Thanks

·
Project Shamu
2,783 Posts
It might be the IPR leaking internally as well. They sell dummy plugs for testing.

But I have never done this either. I am interested in what you find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt think of that... would be good to rule that out. The ipr is just a week old but you never know. I haven't seen alot of info on how to tell if the pump is dying.

·
Project Shamu
2,783 Posts
The IPR might be designed to never fully close, it might keep a tiny hole open for "just in case".

The HPOP's rarely "die", most of the time they just lack high enough pressure, but they still build pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts