Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive recently acquired an 04 ex roller in awesome shape. was a 6.0 truck. the body is gorgeous and the 56k mile interior is perfect!! My issue is i have an e99 super duty with a 7.3 and a handshaker. the body on my pickup is rotten and beat up from front to back, but the motor and trans are still good. so basically im going to swap my engine with the handshaker into the ex. just wondering if there are any known issues i need to look for or be aware of as i dive in. any and all help, knowledge, and suggestions is much appreciated!! thanks guys!!:ford:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no ones done this??

·
Registered
408 Posts
no ones done this??
"handshaker" meaning manual trans I assume? Youll likely need to swap out the tunnel with the trucks tunnel.

If you have to get emissions checked, theyre likely not going to be happy with an older motor in a newer truck. They may not notice, Ill let you do the research in that area.

Nice find on the donor ex.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Dont do it, buy a 7.3 ex and save yourself a head ache.. Trust me from experience you can make it work, but it wont even be remotely close to plug and play. It will be soldering this wire and try that try this, #### take it all back off for the 10th time... Sell the roller, you can buy a 7.3 ex in god condition for 6k from what I have found.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where did you run into trouble with the wiring bud?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Trying to make every little option work. Oh, change everything over, right down to the door locks and winshield wiper motor. One thing being off can backfeed and mess everything up. I was in the salvage rebuilder business for a few years and we tried a few custom swaps, We got them all done but some took a lot longer than we had planned. Just trying to help you out.. Even financially if you sold the truck, and sold the roller you could easily buy a 7.3 X that was original with all the options working and no labor on your hands. Idk, it just makes sense to me to do it that way, but I work on this stuff every day so if I see an easier/more cost effective way to do something I do it that way.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Do a Cummins. Way easier. Way more HP and fuel economy. 06-07 CR with a
4R100 from BTS and a EFI live tune will net you low 500hp, 20+ mpg and everything but cruise controll. Plus it will be way easier that the 7.3 swap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts