Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would the 6e140 fit up to my 2003 excursion 7.3 4x4 if not are they as bad a$$ as the ford dealer says they are

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks glad to be here

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,100 Posts
No, it won't.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Best trans for your Excursion..BTS or a JW. We are a BTS dealer and if we can get you additional info or pricing please PM.

Cary

·
Fummins 6.0
100 Posts
and yes they are as badass as the dealers say

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
why are the 6r140's so bada$$? got the 4r100, want more gears and 6 seems more than 5 in the 5r110, im sure adapters are made somewhere, so school me

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,100 Posts
Bolting it in is not very hard or very expensive. I'll bet you could get a decent adapter plate made for no more than a couple grand. That's the cheap and easy part.

Making a wiring harness won't be that hard, you could buy one from Ford and modify it to work in the truck. That should be under a grand for that.

So far you've spent about three grand and it's in the truck but won't shift. What are you going to do for a computer to run it? The Ford computer won't run it because it needs to run the engine and trans together. It can only run a 6.7L engine, and you don't have one of those. So you'll need to invent a computer and software to do this. This is the hard and expensive part. I'll bet it would cost every bit of what 5-6 brand new trucks cost to make a computer that works and software that drives well.

Good luck with this, let me know if you build one and prove me wrong. I don't think I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
i dont know much, know less than that bout trans's, and be the first to admit it to. but im learning. i was just thinking of what destroked does, retro fit trucks with " non-stock " trans. but, the real ? i was asking, is why is the 6r140 so bada$$. what makes it so, compared to the 5r110 or the 4r100.

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
i dont know much, know less than that bout trans's, and be the first to admit it to. but im learning. i was just thinking of what destroked does, retro fit trucks with " non-stock " trans. but, the real ? i was asking, is why is the 6r140 so bada$$. what makes it so, compared to the 5r110 or the 4r100.
Beefier internals, stronger TC and better shift programming is my bet. It's generally better engineered, obviously being newer it would be.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
so i guess the next ? is if it does, and there are adapters to make the trans fit to my 7.3, then in theory instead of my truck pcm shifting the trans, that will do it, so instead of the many thousands of dollars that mark says, that will do the trick, and since your here matt, whats your opinion of it, and will using that instead of your tuning matter? and will using that affect your tuning, since you dont have controll of the shift points,

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
do you have a opinion of the pcs?? and to use one, if ihave a auto will it throw a code cuz my comp wants it to shift, or do i need to go to a man pcm, or can you tune the code out?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
do you have a opinion of the pcs?? and to use one, if ihave a auto will it throw a code cuz my comp wants it to shift, or do i need to go to a man pcm, or can you tune the code out?
I have tuned the PCS on the 4r100, i don't know if it would work on the 6r140.....

More than likely, you can just run the standard transmission programming on your chip and there would be no codes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts