Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im aquiring a 67 f-250. the body and frame are extremely clean with very minimal surface rust. its a 4x4 manual. this truck is going to be my sunny day/ show truck. im not sure what engine is in it yet but i want to swap a 7.3 into it. i have a lot of plans and ideas for it but im unsure how complicated the swap is going to be. i know im going to need to change wiring harnesses, ecus, fuel system and all that fun stuff. fitment and mouting of the engine and trans is my big concern. has anyone done this swap before or have any pointers for me?

Attachments

·
Davey B
930 Posts
There was a thread awhile back that a guy swapped a powerstroke into 1. I think it may have been a 6.0. If you search for it im sure you'll find it. Good luck with the project

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts

·
Davey B
930 Posts
The first link is the truck i was thinking of

·
Registered
629 Posts
Just a heads-up. The picture provided is not of a 67 F250, it looks more like a 1965. 1967 was a completely different body style.

Still, it should be a fun build, good luck with it.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Good thing about doing that generation. You don't have to wonder if any of the electronics are going to be compatible. You will also never have an issue with the factory power windows or door locks. Probably not with the A/C systm either.

Sounds like a fun project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts