Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Coal Train Diesel
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my dad owns a sheetmetal shop. I made myself a intake "box" or pan. The ne on my truck is made of scraps. But I'm working one up to possibly produce and sell. I'll post pics later today. But I noticed a 75ish drop in egts when cruising at 70mph. It fits under the battery. Mounted under my hacked up battery box. If I did produce these it would be $50ish +shipping. Painted ready to install. Would anyone be interested? So far I haven't found any others on the market. I've searched quite a bit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'd be interested it you made one to fit a OBS between the battery and the fuse box. Deffinately want to see some pics of that sucker too :nopics:

·
Coal Train Diesel
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry sorry about pics got caught up helping my dad. They will b up this afternoon for sure.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would be interested in pics also. Primer is a good color then we can paint it color of our choice also

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
The problem with heat shields and routing air through intake boxes is that whenever you direct air flow, you increase restriction. Low restriction is the goal, so using a filter that has the ability to flow large masses of air and then enclosing it in a box yields very poor results. Heat shields do literally nothing. Air flow under the hood is dynamic and not static. It is moving all the time. Hot air will move right around a heat shield at the same temperature and be ingested and the only thing you have caused is turbulence.

·
Coal Train Diesel
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm no expert on vehicle air flow. All I can say is I did notice a difference in egts and it does protect my air filter from all the muddy water that gets all over my engine compartment while traveling dirt back roads.

·
Coal Train Diesel
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the pics. Like.I said this is a poor example of what I would produce. This was just to test the concept. I'm thinking of trimming the wall that faces the cab to suck air from that side. And to obswiz. With that ideal wouldn't a zoodad mod also cause turbulence? Brining air in from a "new" direction.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts