Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a6637 filter on my truck and when I close the hood it hits the top of the filter is this normal or do I have to modify some thing else

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
Loosen the the rubber flex pipe on both ends and turn that section till it's about an 1/8" from the boost tube and then tighten it back up. That will make the filter sit nice and flat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,it hits next to the fender the old airbox mounts on that side stick up alittle and wont let the filter sit down any farther.

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
I removed all of my old air box.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I second the motion that ALL of the base of the old air box needs to be removed. I used a dremel tool with a cut off wheel to cut the portion of the base I didn't want.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I guess I will have to cut the bottom of the base off so it will sit a little lower ,I got it in there but when I close the hood it hits the top of it near the fender.Its a little louder than the stock filter especially when pushing it up a steep hill.

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
I used a table saw to cut mine, and I left the cold air tube so that cool air would get funneled up to the filter.

·
Power Joke
15 Posts
yeah mine is like the same, looks like it sticks up but it still has a good inch or 2 when the hood is closed, I thought it would hit it or something but it turned out just fine..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts