Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im starting another build my goal is 600hp so any help would be appreciated so here is what I already have borg warner s468, 300/200 full force injectors full comp fuel system with regulated return spr 1.1 hpop mahle pistons forged rods 910 comp springs apr head studs and a built trans let me know what else I need. thanks

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
May want to opt for Billet rods over forged at that power. Yes, I know people say they have seen motors make 600 with forged but its really pushing it.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Maybe. Unless you get the ones from Hypertech

·
Registered
316 Posts
Subscribed
:psn:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would ditch the srp 1.1 and go with Honey badger sr. and don't waste the 85$ on 910's call dynoproven and ask about there new crower valve spring kits. throw in a cam if you are going this far also from dynoproven

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a question. You said you already have Mahle piston that are going into this engine.
1.Which ones did you get?
Remember Block decking will require a certain piston height. Did you anticipate for this?
No being sarcastic, just checking to make sure you got the right ones.
And make sure your engine builder know this, and that he double checks on Moc up and after.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I would ditch the srp 1.1 and go with Honey badger sr. and don't waste the 85$ on 910's call dynoproven and ask about there new crower valve spring kits. throw in a cam if you are going this far also from dynoproven
do you run a Honey Badger sr. ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
do you run a Honey Badger sr. ?
The HB SR isnt even out yet and its questionable when it will even be released...

There are much cheaper sources than no limit for valve springs. Some one posted that they want like $1200 for springs and prods thats just crazy!! You can buy them from swamps much much cheaper for the same springs or source them online even cheaper

·
Registered
316 Posts
so im starting another build my goal is 600hp so any help would be appreciated so here is what I already have borg warner s468, 300/200 full force injectors full comp fuel system with regulated return spr 1.1 hpop mahle pistons forged rods 910 comp springs apr head studs and a built trans let me know what else I need. thanks[/QUOTE
Now would be the time to tear back into it if your having any doubts. Also, at this HP level I would run Crower rods and crower valve springs too. Not the Comp springs. There has been some talk of issues with the 910 comp springs causing pitting/ worn lobes on cams and worn lifters. I personally don't have first hand experience with the 910's, but just based on my research of the forums, the 910's are causing problems. I have a very similar build as what your planning. All though it's not done, It should be soon. I had my heads built w Crower springs.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ok sounds good thank you guys for the info did you also have your heads ported and polished or not
Yes, I actually had Nate build me a new set. My stock heads, 1 was warped and the other was cracked. The heads Nate built me consisted of all new;
Crower springs and shims.
Ford Valves, w 3 angle cut.
Port and Polish.
w the fuel rails reworked.
and RR fuel feeds.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts