Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 6" lift but am debating going to an 8". I have been TOLD that to go to 8" you have a lot more work to do than what the 6" required. (extend the drive shaft, etc)
For those of you who put an 8" on, what major changes did you have to do? is there any drive train vibration? I have already had my exhaust slightly modified to clear the front drive shaft, so that should not have to change..

·
Registered
59 Posts
subscribing..... I currently have leveled F350, and got 6" lift for Christmas present from the wife. Debating on only installing the lift( which will only give about 3.5" over current level) or installing the 6" with the level for 8" total over stock.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
what year is your truck?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I currently have a 6" lift but am debating going to an 8". I have been TOLD that to go to 8" you have a lot more work to do than what the 6" required. (extend the drive shaft, etc)
For those of you who put an 8" on, what major changes did you have to do? is there any drive train vibration? I have already had my exhaust slightly modified to clear the front drive shaft, so that should not have to change..
Must be a gas truck if u had to worry about front driveshaft issues! Other then that I'd say your caster will be affected....by icon ball joint bushings to offset the height difference or buy drop down radius arm brackets for a 8"....also u might need a bigger track bar drop down bracket. I've had some work I've had others not work. As far as the rear, no lengthing should need to be done rather problely more of a drop bracket for the drive shaft carrier bearing (if it's a 2 piece shaft). Taller rear block to level it to your taste and last maybe longer shocks. Most 4" or 6" shocks come with ether or to basically cover ether lift kit....might be able to get away with some shock extensions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts