Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fasthog.com
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a 6 speed wanna chime in for me? Who in their 6.4's still run all the fun mods and how well can you drive it. Not saying experience but I know for sure theres no way a 6 speed setup could go as good as the auto will shifting. Not that I drag race my truck at all but I love my power and would love a 6 speed. However I PLOW.... Anyone plow with 6 speed? Any feedback? I have a chance to sell my truck for a great value and theres a truck thats had my eye hooked on it for many reasons and one being its manual.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I run all the fun tunes and stuff, I have an airdog 165, intake exhaust and will be installing head studs and wastegate kit soon. I also have a 3250 SB clutch in it which does make it kinda jumpy, I don't think I'd want to plow with it, but if it was a completly stock truck like mine was when I bought it I probably wouldn't hesitate to throw a plow on the front.

·
Fasthog.com
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I run all the fun tunes and stuff, I have an airdog 165, intake exhaust and will be installing head studs and wastegate kit soon. I also have a 3250 SB clutch in it which does make it kinda jumpy, I don't think I'd want to plow with it, but if it was a completly stock truck like mine was when I bought it I probably wouldn't hesitate to throw a plow on the front.
Understood, however with that being said when I plow I go down to the 210 or lower tunes for most of winter anyway just to give truck a break. I k now how jumpy the truck is on hot tunes and for temp reasons I keep it de-tuned all winter.

Would it be decent if I had say the 150-210 tunes on? I only plow my personal shops parking lot and my house. Not commercial work or a plow company. Plows on for the day and then off by night time.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I think you could make due, depending how much it snows, It's not the tunes that make it jumpy, I have gotten used to the throttle input on the bigger tunes, its how grabby the clutch is. Ya you could put a lighter clutch in, but how long will it last, I seen the other truck your looking at, I'm not sure exactly how his truck performs as far as parking lot manners, maybe you could talk to him.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have a 6 speed with big tunes and such. I also have a dd clutch and on the lower tunes mine dose good but on the bigger tunes it dose get pretty jumpy. Exspecially in reverse. I think you would be fine as long as you stayed In Lower tunes forsure.

·
Fasthog.com
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 6 speed with big tunes and such. I also have a dd clutch and on the lower tunes mine dose good but on the bigger tunes it dose get pretty jumpy. Exspecially in reverse. I think you would be fine as long as you stayed In Lower tunes forsure.
You do know I'm talking about your truck! Still selling or no. If not I can just forget this thread haha. Check the thread about your truck

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
This truck is a daily driver. It has my twin fuelers, 100% over injectors and billet double disk. It is just crazy fun to drive. Can't shift it fast enough to be a race truck. Gonna try a short throw shifter and see if I can row it any faster. I extended the rod on the clutch pedal to give the clutch more release and that helped out considerably, but still not as good as a stock single disk. I would plow with this truck if it was limited use. Would not do it commercially.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.