Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of converting my truck to a auto. I found one local for $350 so I think it would be a good one to get at least for a core. Does anyone offer a rebuild kit for these? I know at one time Monster box trannies offered a kit for the diy. Wondering if anyone else offers this. Also what else would l need. Since I will be going to an auto pcm do I still need a stand alone controller?

The tranny is out of a 4x4 so that will be a plus. What else will I need to know for this swap. Thanks

·
Crazy Redneck
867 Posts
Save yourself the trouble and get the PCS controller. That way none of your tuning has to change, and the PCS can do more than the auto computer could ever think of doing.

At least thats the way I did.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another question is there a difference between one from a V10 versus a diesel?

·
livin the dream
461 Posts
Yes, Bell housing is different.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I am thinking of converting my truck to a auto. I found one local for $350 so I think it would be a good one to get at least for a core. Does anyone offer a rebuild kit for these? I know at one time Monster box trannies offered a kit for the diy. Wondering if anyone else offers this. Also what else would l need. Since I will be going to an auto pcm do I still need a stand alone controller?

The tranny is out of a 4x4 so that will be a plus. What else will I need to know for this swap. Thanks
Do you want to sell the ZF-6? If so please pm me a price.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not going to be selling the 6spd just yet as I haven't found a 4r100 yet and don't plain on doing the swap for awhile. Instead I am going to buy a house. I know my priorities are way off. The things females make you do!!!!;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One problem the 5R110 didn't fit the 7.3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts