Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Work in progress!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my chip back from Beans for a reburn and got it put on. Having some issues with it that I explain in the following video. Just wondering if there might be anything else that I can do on my end to fix this or am I going to have to get another reburn. I sent this video to Beans anyway but want to see if there might be something that I could do first to help out the situation. Hadent heard back from Beans as of yet.

Thanks guys

·
riverjet
459 Posts
My old DP tuner chip did the same thing.Reflash fixed it.It's irritating to get a new chip with issues. I Wish people would check their work before sending it out.

·
Work in progress!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it that way the first time then sent it back for a reburn and when I got it back nothing different.

I know that several tuners are here that may can give me some pointers, just wanting to try and rule out everything I can.

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
My old DP tuner chip did the same thing.Reflash fixed it.It's irritating to get a new chip with issues. I Wish people would check their work before sending it out.
These tunes have been run on dozens of trucks of the same or simular setups with out these issues. I am sure jonathan tried the chip in a truck here before he sent it out this last time and it worked fine on a truck here. We always try to double check a chip that has come back to make sure it works ona simular truck here before going back. Not sure what else we can do other then going to you to figure it out in person. We will get it figured out just gotta have some patience. We will try it ona truck here again, we do not have any limiters on any of our tunes unless asked for.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Almost sous like it could be a connection issue between the chip and the PCM. The way it all seems to be happening and the random nature of it looks like that coudl be the issue. Maybe the PCM plug in has a short or the contacts were worn off a bit to much.

Is it perfectly fine with the chip not installed?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I put this chip in a truck that had the same mods (or what we thought were the same mods till I talked with Caleb this morning) here at the shop took it on a test drive before I sent ran great. Now we have found a problem with the chip making good conection on the computer and the fact that these burns were for stock injectors and now that is in question. We do the best we can with the info we are given:D.

·
Work in progress!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does run better with the chip out. I did get to talk to johnathan today and I believe that we have got most of the issues solved.

I also want to make it clear that I posted this only to try and rule out any possibilities on my end that could be causing trouble other than the chip. I have nothing but good to say about Beans and there products and customer service and I don't want anyone going away with the wrong impression.

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
Having the Bean's crew come in here and try to rectifiy the situation is a big plus. I was going to say is their any difference in tuning early birds than the later 99 and above??

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
You do know that these tuners test their products before the send them out and the most of them have said that adding a chip can sometimes bring out the problems that you may not be able to notice when stock?

Honestly your statement is very outlandish, and your basicaly laying the blame on the tuner. I guess you believe that the tuners need to have the right tunes for that truck the first time?

Almost sous like it could be a connection issue between the chip and the PCM. The way it all seems to be happening and the random nature of it looks like that coudl be the issue. Maybe the PCM plug in has a short or the contacts were worn off a bit to much.

Is it perfectly fine with the chip not installed?
Thats what it sounds like to me after watching the video a couple of times. I do know that Tony told me to make sure it was secured and that the pcm contacts werent TOO clean.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I would rather have to pull everything out and clean a bit more, then take too much off from the get go.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
LOLLOL

Kinda hard to do unless the exact truck your tuning is sitting in front of you. Each truck will react just a little different than the next

1 - 11 of 11 Posts