Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im getting a 6" lift soon and was wondering would 35"s work well with that type of lift...

or can I see some pictures of 4-6" lift with some good looking tire combos.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
35's will look fine but 36's or 37's would look better. What size wheel are you looking to go with? or are you keeping the stockers?

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to keep the stockers...but I don't tink their gonna be wide enough for bigger tires...but if I go with aftermarket rims im gonna go 16

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
35's will fit fine

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
They are offering more tires now in the larger rim sizes. Id go with 18's probably if I was to do it over again. But you can run 35's or 37's on the stock wheel. I dont think it looks bad at all. I ran my 35x12.5's on stock wheels for a good while till I could afford the upgrade.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I have 35's on mine with a 6" lift.

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
I agree that 36" or 37" would suit it best. Are your factory rims 16x8.5?

They are offering more tires now in the larger rim sizes. Id go with 18's probably if I was to do it over again. But you can run 35's or 37's on the stock wheel. I dont think it looks bad at all. I ran my 35x12.5's on stock wheels for a good while till I could afford the upgrade.
I don't intend to hijack, but whay rim/tire size do you use, Farm Boy? And why would you choose 18's?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
here is a pic for ya even though its an 05 truck and not a 99-04 style.

4" RCD lift 325/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers

I would think anything from a 35" to a 37" would work good with a 6" kit. Best place to get a good idea on proportions and such is Truck Toyz Performance .. Experience Matters! and check out their install gallery.

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I would think anything from a 35" to a 37" would work good with a 6" kit. Best place to get a good idea on proportions and such is Truck Toyz Performance .. Experience Matters! and check out their install gallery.
How do you like those Nitto's

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
How do you like those Nitto's
I like em for street tires but wanting to try something different after getting stuck a few times in mud and wet heavy snow, they pack in quick)

I got about 20K on them currently and they have at least 1/2 the tread still left. Work pretty good in most all daily road conditions. Pretty quiet and relatively cheap compared to other similar sized tires, I paid $240 a piece compared to almost $300 for many of the decent MT tires.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts

Man I love your truck! I think the color is so sick! I have the same color but i changed my silver to black rhino lining! your rear bumper looks like mine to LOL

·
Big Sky Groomer Op.
827 Posts

4 inch lift an 37s.. just to throw out there for ya.

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
154 Posts
yeah tank your truck does look sweet how long you been workin on it?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Man I love your truck! I think the color is so sick! I have the same color but i changed my silver to black rhino lining! your rear bumper looks like mine to LOL
Thanks, but dangit, stop stealing my idea's lol Thats my next step is the Tank mod and get the silver to black with some herculiner or so. Yea bumper was tweaked by the previous owner but doesn't bother me, just means I don't have to worry so much when I use it as a bumper isnstead of a piece of body work.

Got any pics of your truck you could PM me or something?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I agree that 36" or 37" would suit it best. Are your factory rims 16x8.5?

I don't intend to hijack, but whay rim/tire size do you use, Farm Boy? And why would you choose 18's?
5" lift w/ 35x12.5 tires and 16x10 wheels. I think just a little more wheel would look pretty good. There are still many 16" tires out there but they are fading. Many of the new tires coming out are focusing on the larger rim sizes for some reason. Good thing for me about 16" wheels is I have lots of tire between the ground and my rim which lessens my chance of messing up a wheel while offroading.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
Don't we all..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts