Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that the bellhousing bolt patterns on the 6.9l and 460 are simular has anyone made a 5-speed from a 460 fit a 6.9l?

I've got the 460 5-speed laying around and can get a 6.9l and i want to make something crazy.

·
Administrator
8,173 Posts
different bolt pattern. what happens when you try drilling the bell on the ZF to adapt to the diesel is you ruin the trans.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
There is a guy over on OILBURNERS that has done what you want to do with no issues what so ever. Its not like the idi is some powerhouse. Go get a signature over there, they are way more helpfull for idi stuff

·
Administrator
8,173 Posts
There is a guy over on OILBURNERS that has done what you want to do with no issues what so ever. Its not like the idi is some powerhouse. Go get a signature over there, they are way more helpfull for idi stuff
if this is actually true, than he is the only one of dozens of people that have tried it that had it work.

everyone that i have ever heard of that tried it has eventually came back saying i should have listened to you guys, cause i just ruined the trans housing.

at the most, you can only get 4 bolt holes that will lineup.

·
indirectly strokin
1,152 Posts
oh sure because ive never worked on a idi or any thing, nor have i seen this happen before, sorry i was wrong :bowfast: :poke:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found this on oilburners and it dont look to hard.

·
indirectly strokin
1,152 Posts
There is alot more knowledge over there than YOU will ever have. And that is the truth
well no ####, but that dnt mean you need to bust everyones balls because they dnt know as much as the all knowing diesel brad

and who, your trans may work, thats the best answer i can offer as it seems im not qualified to say much else

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
well no ####, but that dnt mean you need to bust everyones balls because they dnt know as much as the all knowing diesel brad

and who, your trans may work, thats the best answer i can offer as it seems im not qualified to say much else
Hey. I dont know everything. I will be the first to admit it. But unless i am positive what i am talking about, I KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT. You may want to try it some time

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts

Hey. I dont know everything. I will be the first to admit it. Just look next to my avatar. But unless i am positive what i am talking about, I KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT. You may want to try it some time:D

·
Built without your taxes
290 Posts
Not to interupt this argument, but a friend has a T19 and tranfer from a 460, but skimming though thris thread im gona asume the 460 bellhousing has a diffent bolt pattern then a 6.9?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah the picture i posted above shows the diffences between the 460 and 6.9

·
Administrator
8,173 Posts
the T-19 does not have an integral bell housing, so it can very easily be bolted to a 6.9 bell housing.

the trans refered to here is the ZF 5 speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts