Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a friend of a friend make me a crazy offer for my 09. My Dealership has a 2012 350 Lariat that I'd REALLY like. So my question is, any of you current 6.7 owners that used to have a 6.4, what made you take the jump to the new truck? Any regrets? The offer for my truck is $2000 less than I paid for it! I only owe $6000 on it, so is it worth trading up for the 2012?

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
For luxury, towing, stock power, and DD. 6.7L

For all out power- 6.4.

6.7 doesn't have enough out for it to make big power. Stock for stock 6.7 wins and is less of a problem child. But 6.4 will Out run the 6.7.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had a friend of a friend make me a crazy offer for my 09. My Dealership has a 2012 350 Lariat that I'd REALLY like. So my question is, any of you current 6.7 owners that used to have a 6.4, what made you take the jump to the new truck? Any regrets? The offer for my truck is $2000 less than I paid for it! I only owe $6000 on it, so is it worth trading up for the 2012?
It doesn't matter. If you could drive your 09' for almost three years for $2,000.00 cost ($665.00 per year), you sell it..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Trade it...you won't regret it, stock for stock the 6.7s are far superior in comparison. Even my tuned 6.4 didn't get the milage my stock 6.7 gets.

The new ones are such a nice truck.

·
Sponsor w/out Blue name
1,503 Posts
im not sure i would.. i don't like the looks as well or driveability. BUT the interiors and ride are sweet on the 6.7's. tuned vs. tuned id stick 6.4.. stock for stock 6.7 all the way. JMO

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
And there you have it. LOL

Wouldn't even be a moments hesitation on my part, unless I had heavily modified my 6.4 and would lose money on the aftermarket stuff. Hell, even then I probably wouldn't have to think about it too much. :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd even seriously consider trading in my '11 with nearly 23k miles for a new '12 for that deal. :D

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Still can't go wrong with either honestly. I'm power hungry so it would be hard for me to give up my tuned 6.4. Stock for stock though the 6.7 is hands down better power wise. I was faced with this same decision when I traded in my 2008 f350. I couldn't justify spending a few thousand more on a 2011 for 6.7 when I know I really wanted the 6.4. Lol the only thing that really had me considering the 2011 were the AC seats. I did like the full center console that extends to the dash.

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I've been putting off this whole deal as long as possible, still haven't really decided whether I want to sell or not. I've also considered ordering a new '12 instead of taking the one off the lot. It really doesn't have all the options I'd want, or have alot of the stuff my 09 has now. Guess we'll see what happens......

·
Registered
674 Posts
If you didn't sell your truck, and if you are not in s hurry, you might want to wait for the 14'.
You know it'll be available in the fall of 13', and it should be something totally new, I mean actually a new design, and not another update.
Nothing is worse than spending big bucks on something that's suddenly out of style.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts