81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I asked this in another thread but no one seemed to know the answer...

From what Ive learned, the mechanical part of the 6.7 fuel injection is more-or-less identical to the setup on the new duramax. Same Bosch CP pump, same Bosch piezo injectors, etc....

does the 6.7 use a bosch controller as well?? Or is it ford-designed? I know the new dmax uses a [bosch] E86...

ben

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
How is that Jeff?
Mike I understand what is going on because of what you have told me.

But I can see the point Jeff is making, your website says "tuning is available now for the 6.7", but that is not quite the case, your truck may be tuned but I or any individual cannot get a tune/flash in my/our trucks right now if I drove down to your shop or if you came to ours because of some final details not being completed, so its not really "available" so to speak. So in that aspect I can see his side.

·
R.I.P. DAD
1,993 Posts
So.................... its been over a week wheres the vids?

·
Registered
35 Posts
7-3-2010

just watch the forums and our site over the next few days. You will see some good videos of our tuned truck in action!

Mike

Any video's yet?? Its been 12 days since you said we were going to be seeing some good tuned trucks in the next couple days.

I wanna see these things run!! :tree:

·
R.I.P. DAD
1,993 Posts
I dont think your going to see much if even as good as a well tuned 6.4, theres just not enough air.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We will be openning up a place here in Chicagoland soon enough for you to be able to come by and get full customer support on all your Powerstroke needs. Until then feel free to call either Mike or myself and you can check the website or our facebook page.

Mike I understand what is going on because of what you have told me.

But I can see the point Jeff is making, your website says "tuning is available now for the 6.7", but that is not quite the case, your truck may be tuned but I or any individual cannot get a tune/flash in my/our trucks right now if I drove down to your shop or if you came to ours because of some final details not being completed, so its not really "available" so to speak. So in that aspect I can see his side.

·
Registered
975 Posts
7-3-2010

Any video's yet?? Its been 12 days since you said we were going to be seeing some good tuned trucks in the next couple days.

I wanna see these things run!! :tree:
but who's counting right? LOL damn this is a long wait for you guys, i'm just waiting to see some official hp/torque numbers

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
We will be openning up a place here in Chicagoland soon enough for you to be able to come by and get full customer support on all your Powerstroke needs. Until then feel free to call either Mike or myself and you can check the website or our facebook page.
Muj,

I know you have shops, I am not doubting that or anything for that matter. I was simply saying that the website says "2011 Ford 6.7L Custom tuning
Now Available!"
and it really isn't.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Any idea when a tuner like the dashdaq will be an option? I don't see many people driving to Chicago for tuning...
We are working diligently on the DashDAQ. As soon as we have something available the public will know. I'm not going to tell you guys that you will see videos in a few days of a tuned 6.7 and not do it. When we feel we have something worth showing, Matt or myself will post it on the forums.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Thanks for a straight up answer Jeff. My dad went and drove a 6.7 and he wants to pick one up but doesn't want to deal with the dpf, egr, etc. I told him it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We are working diligently on the DashDAQ. As soon as we have something available the public will know. I'm not going to tell you guys that you will see videos in a few days of a tuned 6.7 and not do it. When we feel we have something worth showing, Matt or myself will post it on the forums.
Ok thanks! Glad your not giving false hope to us. I can think of more than several times KEM has said something and not hold to it. I don't mind waiting at all, just give an honest answer instead of saying something that isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Muj,

I know you have shops, I am not doubting that or anything for that matter. I was simply saying that the website says "2011 Ford 6.7L Custom tuning
Now Available!"
and it really isn't.
It has been put on a hold until we get the encryption finished. Since NO ONE else has any tuning for the 6.7L, it would be like shooting ourselves in the foot if it were to get into the wrong hands. All of our hard work would be copied once again.

but who's counting right? LOL damn this is a long wait for you guys, i'm just waiting to see some official hp/torque numbers
Sorry to disappoint you with not getting videos out but my son has been in and out of the hospital and under doctors care for almost two weeks now and he is much more important than tuning the truck and posting videos right now.

Ok thanks! Glad your not giving false hope to us. I can think of more than several times KEM has said something and not hold to it. I don't mind waiting at all, just give an honest answer instead of saying something that isn't going to happen.
Please list these times that we have said something and not delivered!

Since you are so sure that we don't have a tuned truck and we "say something that isn't going to happen", why don't you give me a call and we can set up a time when you can personally go for a ride in the truck.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you with not getting videos out but my son has been in and out of the hospital and under doctors care for almost two weeks now and he is much more important than tuning the truck and posting videos right now.
i'm sorry to hear that and i hope that your son gets bettter!
but back to trucks, i wasn't aiming at that at you or trying to stir the pot, just saying that although i don't have one of these trucks (as in: not too concerned with WHEN tuning comes out) i still just really wanna see what these things can do, i wanna see ford trucks continue their progression to the top! wasn't aiming anything at you guys

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
It has been put on a hold until we get the encryption finished. Since NO ONE else has any tuning for the 6.7L, it would be like shooting ourselves in the foot if it were to get into the wrong hands. All of our hard work would be copied once again.

Please list these times that we have said something and not delivered!

Since you are so sure that we don't have a tuned truck and we "say something that isn't going to happen", why don't you give me a call and we can set up a time when you can personally go for a ride in the truck.
Can't blame you for protecting your work. We're all just curious and excited to see what these motors can do.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts