Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
That is because the first "tune" was a stock tune with all of the emissions junk deleted and/or turned off.
That is not true Jeff. It was a 50HP tune with the DOC,PDF,SCR, and EGR deleted. The tune was thrown together in the Burger King drive-through while waiting for my dinner. There is much more power now. If you want to know the status of my truck so you can accurately post, just give me a call and I will tell you.

Mike

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
That is not true Jeff. It was a 50HP tune with the DOC,PDF,SCR, and EGR deleted. The tune was thrown together in the Burger King drive-through while waiting for my dinner. There is much more power now. If you want to know the status of my truck so you can accurately post, just give me a call and I will tell you.

Mike
oh snap!! howz it running mike? i drove one yesterday and roasted the tire, it was a brand new ec/sb ..damn it pulled way harder than my 6.4 did stock.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
oh snap!! howz it running mike? i drove one yesterday and roasted the tire, it was a brand new ec/sb ..damn it pulled way harder than my 6.4 did stock.
you aint kidding Mike. I drove a CCSB 4x4 last week. It felt like my 6.0 in Erics Xtreme street tune

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Do they really make more hp than a 6.4 stock? I thought I read where a stock one ran a 15.71 ET or something. Wouldn't that suggest that maybe it's peppy but doesn't really have any more hp than a stock 6.4?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Do they really make more hp than a 6.4 stock? I thought I read where a stock one ran a 15.71 ET or something. Wouldn't that suggest that maybe it's peppy but doesn't really have any more hp than a stock 6.4?

Thanks.
here is some info that I recently posted on .org and had some people doubting the graph.

I had the truck dynoed today, and for the first time I was impressed with dyno numbers.

Here is the sheet:

you guys caught me..I actually drew that dyno graph. LOL

Track times and weights dont lie..my truck ran a 15.76 @ 84.69mph.

The truck weighs 8140lbs

when I ran the 15.76, I had removed the spare tire and tailgate, that dropped 200lbs ( I scaled each item)

so if you take this info and plug it into the HP calculator by MPH and ET, here is what you get:

so just for arguments sake, take both those numbers, add them together and divide by 2 and you get 329.5 RWHP

you guys can believe want you want, I am not really concerned with that, but as I said above, track times and scales don't lie.

as far as I know the drop off of the graph is due to the torque management.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts

Mike
My bad Mike! :doh:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
then they really weren't doing their job lol diesels are pretty clean yes... when stock... and with emissions equipment on... do you think ALL that particulate matter that a modified truck puts out is emissions legal? not even close.... our 7.3s are light-years behind the new diesels with emissions, and the new diesels have finally caught up and surpassed gasoline standards (while making more power/torque/better fuel economy)...
seems like most emissions people just don't like doing their jobs
Not to keep sidetracking, I just want it understood that I didn't think my truck really passed! So yes, I KNOW the idiots at the emissions company were being lazy #######s! LOL

So, if someone comes up with a nice power tune for these motors and keep the emissions intact it would be wild.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Not to keep sidetracking, I just want it understood that I didn't think my truck really passed! So yes, I KNOW the idiots at the emissions company were being lazy #######s! LOL

So, if someone comes up with a nice power tune for these motors and keep the emissions intact it would be wild.
phew lol i thought you were being serious that a 7.3 without any emissions stuff was CLEAN :D
BACK TO THE THREAD TOPIC!
does anyone wanna take my 7.3 and give me a 6.7?

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
I do think a stock hp modern diesel that has all the emissions equipment removed w/ say 60K miles on it has cleaner emissions than the identical truck at 60K completely stock. Everything is usually so clogged up by then that they start to run rather poorly and clearly pollute more.

I know of a 6.0 that couldn't pass the CO pollution test, until after the emissions equipment was all removed. Now it passes easily. (admittedly this is an easy test to pass)

Then add in the fuel savings and think about the pollution savings from that. Less drilling for oil, less barges moving crude, less refining, less delivery trucks driving to gas stations, etc... I mean a 30-50% fuel economy savings on every vehicle nationwide is nothing to scoff at.

How polluting is it to test all these complex emissions solutions? (I've been to the factories and observed the millions of test miles, it's really something else.) Millions of engineering hours developing these solutions. Manufacture these converters using heavy metals? Dispose of them eventually? How many trucks go in on the hook because of emissions equipment failures? Wrecker trucks are out polluting more, using more fuel themselves.

Engines wear out faster in the big trucks I sale ever since these emissions began coming out. How much pollution is created to manufacture all these new engine parts for the in-frames? Ship these parts by UPS? Install them and dispose of more oil and coolant?

The EPA really screwed the pooch on this one. They should have mandated high fuel economy standards and nothing else. We wouldn't have 600hp 8K # trucks I'll admit. But we would all have 30mpg pick ups and 50mpg cars. We would literally use 1/2 the fuel we do now as a nation. They really blew it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I do think a stock hp modern diesel that has all the emissions equipment removed w/ say 60K miles on it has cleaner emissions than the identical truck at 60K completely stock. Everything is usually so clogged up by then that they start to run rather poorly and clearly pollute more.

I know of a 6.0 that couldn't pass the CO pollution test, until after the emissions equipment was all removed. Now it passes easily. (admittedly this is an easy test to pass)

Then add in the fuel savings and think about the pollution savings from that. Less drilling for oil, less barges moving crude, less refining, less delivery trucks driving to gas stations, etc... I mean a 30-50% fuel economy savings on every vehicle nationwide is nothing to scoff at.

How polluting is it to test all these complex emissions solutions? (I've been to the factories and observed the millions of test miles, it's really something else.) Millions of engineering hours developing these solutions. Manufacture these converters using heavy metals? Dispose of them eventually? How many trucks go in on the hook because of emissions equipment failures? Wrecker trucks are out polluting more, using more fuel themselves.

Engines wear out faster in the big trucks I sale ever since these emissions began coming out. How much pollution is created to manufacture all these new engine parts for the in-frames? Ship these parts by UPS? Install them and dispose of more oil and coolant?

The EPA really screwed the pooch on this one. They should have mandated high fuel economy standards and nothing else. We wouldn't have 600hp 8K # trucks I'll admit. But we would all have 30mpg pick ups and 50mpg cars. We would literally use 1/2 the fuel we do now as a nation. They really blew it.
those have existed for years in the form of volkswagen diesels and even american manufacturers had diesel cars here in the past, volkswagen has been developing a diesel hybrid car that they claim can get close to 90mpg WITH all the emissions equipment... the early jetta tdi's got the best mileage of recent cars, they've been known to get over 60mpg on the highway and almost 50 in the city, WITH all the emissions equipment... imagine if they removed it, we'd have much higher than your 50mpg quote, we'd have 70-80mpg diesel cars (not hybrids with expensive batteries that are horrible for the environment to produce and dispose of) and if they didn't have to worry about engineering emissions equipment to meet EPA standards, they could develop new fuel mileage and power producing systems, which would probably raise the fuel mileage into the hundreds! it is possible i guess, just not with today's retards running our country

·
Registered
653 Posts
Here is a step in the right direction; :: Green Diesel ::

Been trying to get a set for my race truck. But they have been very busy with OEM's. I was talking with DPM about a article with before and after tests. They are working on a set for Dmax owners but not any Fords yet.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts

Mike
Just curious....how did you determine that you had this 50 horsepower tune?

41 - 60 of 142 Posts