Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 40 of 142 Posts

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
You guys have some rather large cajones to rip off all of the Federally mandated emissions equipment off of a $60K truck w/ an expensive and complex to repair new engine and ridding yourself of that pesky engine warranty.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
You guys have some rather large cajones to rip off all of the Federally mandated emissions equipment off of a $60K truck w/ an expensive and complex to repair new engine and ridding yourself of that pesky engine warranty.
Fu(k the feds. nuff said

·
Registered
385 Posts
:poke:It's all for off road racing.

Its a 60k drag truck, puller....etc. And if you got the money........it ain't nothin but a thing. ;)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I know not all but a lot of 7.3's came with cats. Did you rip yours off or did it just not come with one. Either way, your injectors are a little past emission standards. I see no difference.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I know not all but a lot of 7.3's came with cats. Did you rip yours off or did it just not come with one. Either way, your injectors are a little past emission standards. I see no difference.
Hey, I didn't take Suns comment as to the fact your breaking the law, I doubt he gives a crap,, he's talking about your warranty and if you rip it all of, and then the motor blows,, FORD SHOULDN'T have to pay the tab,,,,, that's what he was talking about having "Cajones" about,,, you have deep pockets?

Cause Ford shouldn't have to pay if you rip that stuff off, chip it, and it chucks a rod or something,,,,,

COURSE someone will cry about Ford not covering their blown motor, it always happens.LOL

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I don't have the funds to risk the warranty either. Hell, I don't have the funds for the truck in the first place I just graduated college... I read it like he was worried about the emissions because he brought up the federal law. 350/200's will probably smoke a lot more than tuned 6.7 will. I'm not trying to piss anyone off, I'm just saying that taking a cat off of a 7.3 is against federal law just like the dpf on a 6.7.

·
6.4 STROKER
59 Posts
I took my CAT..DPF...and egr OFF my truck because i DON'T agree with emissions BS:evil....diesel trucks actually have less nox then gas engines do with out any of the emissions crap on them, i have a buddy who does emission testing, and my truck passed BETTER with all of the crap off and TUNED then it did bone stock...and really the only truck I haven't seen pass emissions is a truck that is running 900 hp and almost 2000lbs of torque on #2 only (it was a cummins). I'm not the most educated person as far as diesels go, and i'm still learning, but THAT much power equals a TON of fuel. And if you have a Modified big brother as the big charger, then you know that there is alot of fueling happening. It's not the matter if you have balls the size of an elephant or not, to get rid of your emissions stuff on your truck. If YOU are willing and know the consequences and the repercussions of your actions...if you chose not to because your don't wanna get caught or you don't wanna pay the fines for it...then that's your choice to.

Ford or anyone should not pay for your mistakes. You messed with it, you pay the consequences.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I took my CAT..DPF...and egr OFF my truck because i DON'T agree with emissions BS:evil....diesel trucks actually have less nox then gas engines do with out any of the emissions crap on them, i have a buddy who does emission testing, and my truck passed BETTER with all of the crap off and TUNED then it did bone stock...and really the only truck I haven't seen pass emissions is a truck that is running 900 hp and almost 2000lbs of torque on #2 only (it was a cummins). I'm not the most educated person as far as diesels go, and i'm still learning, but THAT much power equals a TON of fuel. And if you have a Modified big brother as the big charger, then you know that there is alot of fueling happening. It's not the matter if you have balls the size of an elephant or not, to get rid of your emissions stuff on your truck. If YOU are willing and know the consequences and the repercussions of your actions...if you chose not to because your don't wanna get caught or you don't wanna pay the fines for it...then that's your choice to.

Ford or anyone should not pay for your mistakes. You messed with it, you pay the consequences.
this post made me laugh :doh:

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
I wasn't complaining or judging about you guys removing your EPA junk.

I was saying you guys have large cajones because:

1) Federal Laws are being enforced more. The chance of you getting in serious trouble for your EPA bypass is much more than say, on my 12 year old truck. I'm not commenting on right or wrong, I'm just saying that would concern me.
2) I can't really afford to pop a $15K motor on a truck I just spent $60K on. That's me.

I'll be enjoying the view from the sidelines for sure. :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Well, I know one thing. Missouri used to use a company to do the emissions testing for them. Sometimes they would set up sensors on the entrance ramps for the interstate around here. I always made a point of "Rolling onto the throttle" when I went through their sensors... the test equipment would take readings, take your picture and you could get a letter in the mail asking you to please just send in your money, your vehicle has passed the emissions tests....:eek: LOL
My wife caught me one day and said she was getting ready to mail the check off, I asked for what? She said, your truck! I was like,, um,, my truck doesn't require any emission testing,,,,
So I call the company, they said yes it does,, I said,, no it doesn't, It's a diesel,, they said, no it isn't! LOLLOLLOL

Anyway,, apparently the above poster is right,, even a tuned 7.3 rolling coal, still passes!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Glad to give you a chuckle,, but really it's the emissions company that provided the laugh for you! Because it really passed my truck!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Glad to give you a chuckle,, but really it's the emissions company that provided the laugh for you! Because it really passed my truck!
then they really weren't doing their job lol diesels are pretty clean yes... when stock... and with emissions equipment on... do you think ALL that particulate matter that a modified truck puts out is emissions legal? not even close.... our 7.3s are light-years behind the new diesels with emissions, and the new diesels have finally caught up and surpassed gasoline standards (while making more power/torque/better fuel economy)...
seems like most emissions people just don't like doing their jobs

21 - 40 of 142 Posts