Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1400 kms on my 6.7L and it has inherited a knocking sound.

It all started at about 700 kms. I noticed a knock which was quite loud compared to how quiet the engine was. Strange thing is it doesn't start knocking till it's warmed up. I can also shut the engine off warm, restart it and after about 30 seconds the knock/loud tick will start again.

Stopped by the dealership today but the service manager had already gone. Will try and get into see him tomorrow bwfore he leaves.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The engine was so quiet but it is now very annoying as this knock is very noticeable.

Jack

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
I would say just bring it to the dealer and demand they fix it. I would not spend that kind of money on a new truck and have it knocking sounding like its going to blow up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say just bring it to the dealer and demand they fix it. I would not spend that kind of money on a new truck and have it knocking sounding like its going to blow up.
Hey MILFORD,

Since I started this there are a few others with the same problem. I have also gone to the dealership and we've started a complaint. They are looking into this with great concern. So far they have found it is the HPP. Once the engine and or fuel temperature reaches operating temperature the HPP starts going between the eonomy mode and another mode only at idle. Unfortunatly
my truck idles alot of hours.

Ford is well aware of the issue and is working hard on a fix which will likely be a recalibration and reflash. Ford and Bosch say this will not hurt anything with the components involved and to keep driving it. It in no way hampers performance, it's just annoying. Some are not as loud as others but I can say mine is vey loud and noticeable.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
well mine has been doing the same thing actually, and my fuel mileage has dropped

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
What exactly is the hpp?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
High Pressure Pump, (fuel pump) The common rail design uses high fuel pressure to inject the fuel into the cylinder, instead of High pressure oil to compress the fuel in the injectors....

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Um, if it's a software thing,, how can you DEMAND they fix it. The dealer doesn't come up with the flashes,, he has to wait for FOMOCO to come out with the fix and make it good.... :blah:
You just want to go into the dealer and yell and scream? :mad:That'll get you far,,, Now,, after you have exhausted all other options,, then raising your voice may be the thing,, but it's a last resort for sure.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I know how the common rail works , just making sure of the abbreveation

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Sorry didnt see it was a comp. programming problem.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I know how the common rail works , just making sure of the abbreveation
OK, man, wasn't insinuating anything towards you,,,, just 'splainin as much as I know, it's cool to be able to! LOL

I don't think this will stop me from getting one... small problem. I have not heard this "Tick" yet, so I'll likely take one for an extended drive when I get ready to drop the coin... see if it does it or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts