Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2015 F-250 Power Stroke King Ranch
7 Posts
Another cheap diagnostic would be fill your fuel filters full with a fuel cleaner of your choice then cycle the key a few times and give her a crank. They say the cleaner will go through and clean out the gunk first. Not sure if it’s true but much cheaper than a $0000 hpfp. I really hope it’s something simple. If you can monitor frp_a vs frp_c it may help. May not. Definitely worth a try. Best wishes. Shane.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another cheap diagnostic would be fill your fuel filters full with a fuel cleaner of your choice then cycle the key a few times and give her a crank. They say the cleaner will go through and clean out the gunk first. Not sure if it’s true but much cheaper than a $0000 hpfp. I really hope it’s something simple. If you can monitor frp_a vs frp_c it may help. May not. Definitely worth a try. Best wishes. Shane.
Please let us know what you find out. Thank you. Shane.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It was the high pressure fuel pump!! I can’t stress this enough any time you open these fuel systems make sure that no debris get in
I’d like to add this.
Prime Your Fuel System after any fuel system component check, maintenance or repair. Turn the key on, “Don’t Crank” cycle key more times than you think is necessary then cycle a few more times for good measure. I think ford says 6x’s. While the key is on and pump is running you can inspect for leaks. Hope all this may save someone a few $0000.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’d like to add this.
Prime Your Fuel System after any fuel system component check, maintenance or repair. Turn the key on, “Don’t Crank” cycle key more times than you think is necessary then cycle a few more times for good measure. I think ford says 6x’s. While the key is on and “lift pump” is running you can inspect for leaks. Hope all this may save someone a few $0000.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts