Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped for a coffee tonight left my truck running and noticed it had a knock. Sounds like it is coming from the area in which the turbo is. Still builds boost, no oil coming out exhaust, not smoking. Nursed it home and noticed sound progresses with rpm and now has a squeaky sound added to it. when I shut it off the sound continuess to come from the turbo area as the turbo spools down. Truck has 6200 miles on it, spartan warhammer added , dpf delete, and egr delete done at 4000 miles. No check engine lights or codes thrown. Going to take to dealer on monday, my guess is the turbo is on its way out

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is the third times I heard about tubo going with the tuner installed!Please let us know how it work out.
How long is a warranty for the turbo on the 6.7 anyway ?

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If no warranty, a stock turbo will not go back in place

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It may not actually be the turbo, but I'm interested to see what they say. Seems like I remember someone else complaining about a knock on these trucks too

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Started the truck today, knock is gone but now has a squel coming from the same location. Still builds full boost and runs normal, just has a squel

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, gotta love cell phones

·
Registered
254 Posts
The turbo seems just adequate for what Ford was trying to do... I am sure that in the near future this turbo will remain fundamentally the same but it will be slightly upgraded so that it handles the ever changing environment encountered by most that tow with these trucks. All of the 2011 owners really are "testers", as Ford can only test and predict so much. I love turbos and this is a great idea, just undersized slightly.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Quick question... Wasn't H&S working on a piggyback turbo setup for this truck? I seem to remember a thread with a picture of some new turbo parts!

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
its industial doing the compound setup using the stock charger as the "small" one... how much boost is that tune running? most i ever saw stock was low 20s and with the h&s about 30

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My 165hp tune builds 37 the warhammer builds 41. Found the problem, it isnt the turbo. Pully behind the fan cracked

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Scratch that, went to turn truck around in driveway and the fan, andpully fell off the, snapped the shaft that it spins on

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well I'm glad you found the problem. I hope it's a easy fix.

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
oh damn! with it running? hope the fan didnt tear up a bunch of crap! i would say the tune shouldnt have caused that unless the high rpms helped...? hope they get ya fixed up soon man!!

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tune didnt raise the rpms much at all, the front of the motor is cracked, and the radiator is leaking

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.