Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my friend have an f250 2011 with 20kmiles. EGR , cooler, dpf, urea delete.
How he have P0263 and P02CD errors . Does it mean that he must change the injector ? Injector the same as on 6.4 or different # ??
Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bosch CP4.1

"Red Circle: If you look close enough, you can see single roller.

Yellow Area: This the area on the high sides of the cam that gets destroyed during the pump cycle. The roller also loses material in the middle, if it locks up in the bottom of the piston, like the one I saw.

So during the pump cycle, if your piston rotates 90 degrees and gets stuck grinding against one-another both the cam and the piston roller are pumping shiny sparkles throughout your fuel system, until they eventually lock your injectors up. I did inquire if the filter would stop this, got a smile and a nod to the NO. I also asked about the other pumps or other components and realized that was a silly question, as the entire fuel delivery system has been replaced on the two I know about."

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, boyeraz.
Its mean that fuel pump bad ? not injectors ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bosch CP4.1

"Red Circle: If you look close enough, you can see single roller.

Yellow Area: This the area on the high sides of the cam that gets destroyed during the pump cycle. The roller also loses material in the middle, if it locks up in the bottom of the piston, like the one I saw.

So during the pump cycle, if your piston rotates 90 degrees and gets stuck grinding against one-another both the cam and the piston roller are pumping shiny sparkles throughout your fuel system, until they eventually lock your injectors up. I did inquire if the filter would stop this, got a smile and a nod to the NO. I also asked about the other pumps or other components and realized that was a silly question, as the entire fuel delivery system has been replaced on the two I know about."
6.7 fords and LML duramax's use a CP4.2, not a CP4.1

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've read about zero pump issues on the LML sites. Why are the Fords having pump failure and the LML is not, what's different? Is there a difference in filtering maybe? I believe we even share the same injectors.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Placed injector #1 instead injector #3 and injector#3 instead#1 and have some errors-
P0263 means that injector#1 have an error. How it possible ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
6.7 fords and LML duramax's use a CP4.2, not a CP4.1
The CP4 series pumps all share the same internal design. The picture of the CP4.1 internals look identical to my CP4.2 except for there are 2 cylinder/piston assemblies.

The identical design of the CP4.1 and CP4.2 is why the NHTSA quickly included the Ford and GM pumps to their ongoing Bosch CP series investigation.

I have said this before...There is information from a very credible source that has visited the Bosch facility here in SE Michigan that there is a "pallet full" of failed GM CP4 pumps sitting right next to the pile of failed Ford pumps. I know the GM guy's here would like pictures but...

The reason for no uproar from GM owners is the likely scenario is GM is quietly warrantying their failures...while Ford is using every possible excuse to stick it to their customers...Shame on Ford...

Regards

·
Registered
33 Posts
Believe me, if we were having a rash of failures, it would be all over the GM forums and I can't find one complaint. No one has any reason to keep it quiet. If mine went out I would put out a warning to all the LML owners.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Keep us posted...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
May be sensor... may be pump... who knows now... If install old pump with new sensor ...it will be clear experiment.

·
Registered
279 Posts
May be sensor... may be pump... who knows now... If install old pump with new sensor ...it will be clear experiment.
did you not read the freaking date of the post? It was over a year ago.

And no, it wasnt the pump. Keep trying to look for LML pump failure documentation.....there really isnt any

·
Registered
39 Posts
And really, who cares if one pump failed...I'm concerned if there is a reacuring problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You are dreaming. The pump was replaced first, and sent to GM for their inspection. The problem didn't go away. They then replaced the sensor and that fixed it.
Keep in mind that this was right after the LML had come to market. The vaccum sensor is a new sensor not found on previous Dmaxes. So the techs misdiagnosed it as they weren't looking for that particular sensor.
Simply a learning curve for the techs.

At least GM stood behind the warranty 100%.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts