Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have two 6.0's and love them but I'm taking delivery of my 6.7 this week. I want to keep all of the DPF stuff in place and from test driving and driving friends trucks they have more than enough power stock so I'm going tuner-less for the first time ever.
However...I want some kind of diesel growl the 6.7 is just TOO quiet. My thought was some kind of exhaust bypass pipe or something. Simply a "Y" pipe before the DPF and another after the DPF. So the exhaust will still go through the DPF and DEF process but be split 50/50.
What do you guys think I'm open to any comments Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
without delete tuning I think the computer will go nuts when you do that it will not see correct egts in the dpf and exhaust pressure ?

·
Registered
278 Posts
You will be by passing 6 sensors, truck will not run like that...

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
tshoey33
38 Posts
I don't think that will work... at all. Itll probably create more harm then good. If you dont like the dpf, then just get rid of it... dont "bypass" it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright thanks guys. I forget that idea then. Any of you that responded have a delete and have any issues with the delete itself, warranty. Do you have a straight pipe or muffler. If I do get a tuner just for the delete, I will still run stock tune because I have heard turbos grenading from over boosting.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I had to add a muff otherwise it was too loud for me I like quiet at my age. like to ride with the windows open. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to add a muff otherwise it was too loud for me I like quiet at my age. like to ride with the windows open. :)
Have you had any issues with your delete throwing codes, did you turn the erg off with your tuner? Have you had to go in for warranty work at all and get your balls busted?

·
Registered
40 Posts
i have a h&s mini maxx street tuner. i bought the mcc and a spe hot x tune. i put a 5" dual exhaust on mine and unplugged the egr for now. i havent thrown any codes.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
no codes it all, I have the xrt pro. I am set on the stock power ( this truck has plenty stock) and I two with it .just glad to get ride of the regen stuff. it always seemed to be in regen when I was pulling in the driveway.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Have you had any issues with your delete throwing codes, did you turn the erg off with your tuner? Have you had to go in for warranty work at all and get your balls busted?
I've had the transmission rebuilt under warranty and I'm tuned and deleted.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had the transmission rebuilt under warranty and I'm tuned and deleted.

Did the dealer know you were deleted?

I talked to rudys on the phone today and the gentleman I spoke with said Ford wont know if I delete as long as I return to stock. I asked over on powerstroke.org and I got the opposite response. I want to delete, not for more power, but for MPG, better sound, and reliability. Just bought a 6.7 and don't want to wait until my warranty is up but also don't want to not be covered if something happens. Already have a Original Mini Max from a 6.4 that I am about to sell and put a DPF-R on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no codes it all, I have the xrt pro. I am set on the stock power ( this truck has plenty stock) and I two with it .just glad to get ride of the regen stuff. it always seemed to be in regen when I was pulling in the driveway.
That's my whole idea, I want the regen and egr off and a nice diesel sound plus the turbo sound wicked on these motors and I want to hear it. I want stock power and no issues when I go in for dealer work if any.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That's my whole idea, I want the regen and egr off and a nice diesel sound plus the turbo sound wicked on these motors and I want to hear it. I want stock power and no issues when I go in for dealer work if any.
You're going to have to delete it to hear the turbo. whether you run stock power or all the way turned up, a dealership will know if you've done it.

It's funny I took my truck to the dealer to get the remote start activated. I had like three of the mechanics come over and stare at my truck asking me ask kinds of questions about the deletes. They had never seen a deleted 6.7 before.

·
Registered
278 Posts
2ndstroke...where did you get your headlights? I haven't been able to find them like that?
I pulled them apart and painted them myself :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts