Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i purchased a 6.4l shortblock from a company that offers a 5year/100k mile warranty, all blueprinted and balanced with aftermarket colt stage 2 billet cam , and ceramic coated pistons.
That being said i installed the engine in the truck and started the "break in" procedure, followed all of the manufacturers instructions to the "T", the truck made it a total of 70 miles before shutting off. Tried to pull codes using 2 different readers and no codes , Had the truck towed and pulled the oil filter to find it was SOLID COPPER shavings covering the filter.
The manufacturer wanted to diagnose the problem theirselves so we had a carrier pick the truck up and ship.
After 13 days they called this morning and denied my warranty claim. Their reason was "insufficient lubercation", but also stated my front cover and oil pump was in good condition.
I never received oil pressure light or code. Also the starter turned the truck over perfectly.

My theory is they installed a bearing wrong and it failed , sending copper to the oil filter and clogging the filter completely, forcing the bypass to open and wasnt supplying enough oil to the bearings.
The manufacturer said there must have been enough pressure to activate the oil pressure switch, but not enough pressure to sufficiently oil the bearings.

Any information/opinions would be great!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional information- when i recieved the engine the bob weight card had another customers name on it , and the spin crank chart was blank with the same incorrect name.

There was a broken bolt at the starter , the heads i purchased from them had a bad injector cup , the heads were not chamfered where the injector goes in (causing it to cut orings bad)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I prefer not to say until i get my truck back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After its resolved i will give an update with the company's name.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I prefer not to say until i get my truck back.
Lol I’m sorry to hear you ended hi with a DFC engine. Mine spun a bearing 85k after rebuild tbeh denied warranty citing lack of maintenance. Oil was changed 2500kms before failure they said my oil appeared to be 40,000kms old. Hearing about more of failures and no warranty from these idiots, will never be back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts