Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just bought a 2008 F350 Crew cab 8' box,SRW, 3.73 gear with 22,000 miles on it. I am only getting 10mpg. I thought I would be getting better mpg's, What are the specs on a 6.4L. I have on order an S&B Cold Air Intake Kit. Heres what I will be adding soon:
Spartan or H&S Black Max tuner
Cat/DPF delete pipe
Exhaust system
EGR Delete kit
I also thought about changing gears to a 3.55. I don't tow much. My goal is for maximum mpg's with out sacrificing to much performance.(Still being able to give these mustangs and camaros a run for their money). I am new to the diesel world and any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks

Joe

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
I got about 10-12 stock with 35's and 355's, since its been tuned I get 13-16 hand calc arround town. I have read about people with the same tune, kem 345 and setup as I have claiming 20mpg and it may be possible but I can't stay out of it long enough to see...lol. You are gonna love that 6.4 when you tune it!
Is your truck 2wd or 4x4 you didnt say?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have done some work on three 6.4's. S&b intakes, 4" or 5" straight piped exhaust and H&S mini maxx, with the hot damn downloads. 2 of the guys do a lot of mixed in town and high way driving said they seen an average of 16 mpg, i have 1 older gentleman that travels back and fourth from ohio to tennesse and swears he sees just over 22 mpg empty, and over 18 with a small trailer and a small garden tractor

·
Registered
327 Posts
o and i have been able to dyno one of these trucks and it put down 586 hp at the wheels with stock suspension and tires.

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
It's a 4x4. Sounds like you are perry happy with yours.
I love mine, It amazes the folks around here...lol, its a small town we don't get out much LOL

I took it to the 1/8 mile track close to here and made 4 passes,
1, 9.22 spinning all 4 tires too much boost off the line
2, 18.xx hubs unlocked (i backed up). I thought I broke the tranny at first, it just set still smoking the tires
3, ran 8.77 with my brother, full tank of fuel, and the tool box full junk
4, ran 8.72 - brother

I know its not the fastest one out there but Im happy with it, and for the size of it the mpg's aint bad.

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
o and i have been able to dyno one of these trucks and it put down 586 hp at the wheels with stock suspension and tires.
16 mpg's and almost 600 hp in a 8400 pound truck, that ain't to shabby!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
mine got average 16ish in town with stock 275/18 and 3.73 gears.
what was the best it got 18ish on the highway not really paying attention to speed.
now on the way up there i got 16 to17 best that was running 80ish

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Mine has whats in my signiture and I used to get way better mpgs before the tires and rims I get about 14 hand calculated city and hwy. But I kinda have a heavy foot. And I have 3.55 gears I want to get 3.73 gears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts