Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ford freak
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to pick up a 2008 6.4L PSD for 2400$ canadian to swap into a 97 PSD, and am wanting to know if anyone has tried to, or successfully swapped in a 6.4L. The donor motor was pulled for an 04 cummins, and everything is there from intercooler to computers, everything! Im looking for a streetable 1000hp with nitrous. I'm really into a cummins swap, but I really don't want to de-ford my ford.
I'm thinking this is gonna be a huge job, but worth it in my mind if possible, I hear these motors are very complicated to work in the first place with all the electrical sensors and the DPF.
I will eliminate all pollution controls as I dont have to worry about emissions and try to make it simple.
Please let me know if this is possible or if I am over my head. I plan to use my E4OD, but I do have an 5r110 from a burnt out 08 I could use as a core swap if it is easier to use the 5r110. If adapter plates arent available.
Thanks guys and gals! I love the advice on this site!:psnb:

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
Wrong section dude.

E4od will not bolt up to the the 6.4 and you would mote then likely be the first to do this. I honestly think you will be in over your head doing this swap since you want 1000hp with nos. It could work but you will need a lot of green and have a lot of custom fabbing to do.

·
Ford freak
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn sure is please delete this, thanx!!

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
It would be a pretty cool swap but I'm sure you will run into clearence issues by the firewall.
He could build a dogbox in it. I've seen a DT466 in an OBS so anything is possible lol.

The E4OD isn't where you wanna go with this swap. I think it would be easier to put the 5r110 in if you had all the wiring harnesses. The wiring would be a nightmare on it though but I believe this would be a possible swap!

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
How do you figure?
Im just guessing that the 6.4 would take up more of the engine bay, and unless the motor is mounted further forward then it might be right up againt the firewall. There isnt that much room there as it is with a 7.3 already in there.

Unless you know something I dont(which you prolly do).

·
Registered
1 Posts
My buddy took a 08 frame with engine and tranny in in and put a 96 cab and bed on the frame that’s the only way because the obs frames are not a strong as the 6.4 is and the suspension is far more superior then the obs are and the 7.3 do not have a much room under the hood you will have to cut a chunk out of the fire wall to squeeze a 4 inch down pipe in there as well

·
Administrator
33,140 Posts
we can only hope the OP woke up from his nightmare of an idea 10 years ago and kept his 7.3 motor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts