Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I've never owned a diesel and have found a 2010 King Ranch with 150k miles and looks very well taken care of. I own a lawn business and need a 3/4 ton but have heard horror stories about the 6.4. I won't be dogging it our towing anything more than a lawn trailer. Any advice on what to look for or expectations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 6.4 as well. I got it for really cheap because it already had a DPF and EGR deletes. Technically, its illegal for dealers to sell them with altered emissions but cops aren't exactly hitting up dealerships and looking under the hood. If you can find one already deleted, then that's good. If not, you'll have problems with your engine because of those systems. I just ran mine 33K miles this year and havent had a lick of problems.
Also, make sure the tune on it is a mild one. I've heard you can do your deletes but if you tune it too extreme, you'll still have problems. Good luck man!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 6.4 as well. I got it for really cheap because it already had a DPF and EGR deletes. Technically, its illegal for dealers to sell them with altered emissions but cops aren't exactly hitting up dealerships and looking under the hood. If you can find one already deleted, then that's good. If not, you'll have problems with your engine because of those systems. I just ran mine 33K miles this year and havent had a lick of problems.
Also, make sure the tune on it is a mild one. I've heard you can do your deletes but if you tune it too extreme, you'll still have problems. Good luck man!
I appreciate it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts