Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tips on how you remove the bar from the axle mount? I cant seem to break it loose...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Breaker bar and hydraulic jack. Not a bottle jack.

You'll want to use a 12 point socket so you can turn it just one notch or so, since there won't be much room to work with under there.

Worked for me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, OP said "track bar"... but some people here are talking about other parts.

"brass hammer and sometimes a tie rod fork"- Those tools won't help remove a track bar.

"Lisle 41970 Heavy Duty Pitman Arm Puller"- He didn't say anything about the pitman arm.

Unless I'm completely retarded...which could be I suppose. The track bar IS the giant bar going from the driver's side frame to the passenger side of the axle and held on by bolts with a 30MM/ 1 3/16" head.....riiiight?

·
Registered
752 Posts
i believe mine was removed with the combination of a pipe under the trac bar ontop the axle prying up and a block of wood against the stud being hit by a mini sledge.

crazy way of doing it i know but it worked and didnt tear anything up

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Well, OP said "track bar"... but some people here are talking about other parts.

"brass hammer and sometimes a tie rod fork"- Those tools won't help remove a track bar.

"Lisle 41970 Heavy Duty Pitman Arm Puller"- He didn't say anything about the pitman arm.

Unless I'm completely retarded...which could be I suppose. The track bar IS the giant bar going from the driver's side frame to the passenger side of the axle and held on by bolts with a 30MM/ 1 3/16" head.....riiiight?
With a fork is how you rip the boots... I garentee I can take the bar off faster with my lisle pitman arm puller than sitting on there beating on it and what ever else you use...

·
Registered
119 Posts
if you are trying to get the track bar off the pass side it is on a tapered shaft, take the nut off and use a small two jaw puller.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
With a fork is how you rip the boots... I garentee I can take the bar off faster with my lisle pitman arm puller than sitting on there beating on it and what ever else you use...
All my stuff was replaced with new not to mention a boot costs nothing more than a few bucks

·
Registered
68 Posts
My bad, OP is talking about an '08. Must be a different setup from the older trucks...hence all the crazy talk about tie rod fork tools and boots etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts