Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 f350 with the 7.3 with large amount of rust, dents, and scratches on the cab, but the motor runs and works great. when looking around online I found a 2010 6.4 with a blown motor for a very low price, and i was wondering if i could swap the cab from the 2010 onto the frame of my 99, and if it was possible to power the new technology that comes with the 2010 cab, I will really appreciate the advice and ideas you all have.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
I think that you would be money ahead by putting a used engine into the 2010.

Reactions: Sbluke55

·
Administrator
8,274 Posts
The fire wall if different from 08-16. It’s the same from 99-07 though.

·
Ford Man
192 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Nation. To answer your question directly - anything is possible with enough time, money, and skills. Question would be how much of the aforementioned do you have? If you want a project then that would be a good one. IMHO, a 7.3 engine into a 6.4 truck would be a cool swap. The amount of work would be tremendous to get everything up and working properly but it would definitely be cool. @Bugman has a good point, though. A used 6.4 engine may be a better fiscal decision and would definitely be a whole lot less work. Literally plug & play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts