Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinkin about savin some money and straight pipin my truck. takin the filter off and muffler then puttin a bullly dog triple dog programmer on to take care of the check engine light. is this a good idea or what do yall think?

·
Texas Member
54 Posts
i dont know about bully dog but I have a straight pipe and it sounds great

·
Harry Callahan
991 Posts
Woof woof

:lookaround:

Bullydog is still around?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Your not going to be able to straight pipe and use the Bullydog tuner. You will need a tunes that will shut off the regen of the truck!! You will have to go with a Spartan, SCT, H&S or Edge race evo if you want to start pipe your truck!!

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Bully dog = :badidea:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bully dog aint that good i know but im pretty tight on money right now. what would be the best thing i can do for the best price? straight pipe and spartan tuner or what? any help is greatyly apprecaited.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
If u dont have the money for the spartan and straight pipe. save up and dont waste ur money on a cheaper tuner. it will be worth the wait. save for better power and mileage.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey Jeff, do you know if Eric is loading his tunes in the SCT X3 yet?? Got a buddy askin me about it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yeah i hope he will, i couldn't find anything on the web page yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you everbody and thank you jeff. i am debating between the spartan and sct right now. everyone seems to have nothin but good things to say about both of them. the spartan dash daq will run me about 1250$ and comes with 12 tunes. i can take care of the straight pipe myself...does this sound like a good plan?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
thank you everbody and thank you jeff. i am debating between the spartan and sct right now. everyone seems to have nothin but good things to say about both of them. the spartan dash daq will run me about 1250$ and comes with 12 tunes. i can take care of the straight pipe myself...does this sound like a good plan?
Your pipe will need to have bungs in it for the sensors if you go with the SCT or Spartan. It can't just be a straight piece of pipe. The H&S Black Maxx and XRT are the only two tuners you can use a true straight piece of pipe without bungs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh i wasn't even thinking about that. where would i be able to get pipe with bungs?

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
i have a powerstroker67 delete pipe. it is great i love it. u can get one from his site dpfdeletekits.com. he has 3.5, 4, and 5 inch delete pipes.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Bully dog:pointlaugh: didnt know they were still around

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alright sounds good. last question and im done i sware. can i still run the black maxx if i only do a straight pipe? when i called h & s they told me i needed there exhaust system.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
the piping is what it is, just piping. you should be good with that tuner and have someone cut and bend your piping without the bungs...it will almost come out to the same price, minus the shipping.

·
Registered
429 Posts
alright sounds good. last question and im done i sware. can i still run the black maxx if i only do a straight pipe? when i called h & s they told me i needed there exhaust system.
You don't have to run there exhaust if you don't want to! You can run just a plain pipe with the H&S, you don't need to plug your sensors back in with there tuner!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts